Peloton is seeking a Product UI Design Intern to take a supportive role in the creation of interactive interfaces for our core engagement products: such as the Peloton Bike, Tread and App.
You will be supporting and learning from a team of talented creatives focused on interface design: how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s engagement products “look” and “feel”. You’ll be working with a fast moving team that’s rapidly changing the face of the fitness industry.
Note: Along with your resume, a link to your online portfolio is required. If you have a pdf of your portfolio, please attach with your resume. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work closely and collaboratively with UI designers, UX designers, Product Managers, and Engineers on the team to help fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Help maintain design systems, files, and component libraries to ensure product-wide visual consistency.
- Be involved in localization efforts partnering with localization translation specialists.
- Execute UI designs (partnered with a mentor), package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Iterate and offer design versions based on feedback and learnings found in user testing.
- Provide prototypes to describe interactions and motion to enhance UI.
- Review developed software for visual perfection, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Graduating class of 2023 in a college/university, community college or vocational program
- Product Design and Design majors preferred. Graduate and undergraduate level applications accepted.
- Strong visual design aesthetic.
- Proficiency with Figma.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant design experience.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Collaborative and iterative approach to product design.
- Focused and dedicated to how products “look” and “feel”.
- Design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE:
- Prototyping UI interactivity and incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- Building components for design systems and style guides.
- Designing for: native consumer-facing apps; interactive game or content experiences; experiences with larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
Peloton’s 11-week-long summer internship program, which takes place from June to August 2022, will allow you to put your classroom learnings into practice at one of the most innovative companies in the world. Our curriculum focuses on professional advancement opportunities (think networking and mentorship), skills development, and on the job training across departments. Please note, this is a US-based internship program.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.