Engineering Manager, AI Platform
The Artificial Intelligence team at Peloton is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, to help staff and lead a team of engineers responsible for ideating and scaling quality assurance tools and data infrastructure for multi-platform, global, and rapidly growing products. You will work with Peloton’s AI Platform organization to help deliver on our vision to build a world-class infrastructure with a focus on scalability, privacy, and security.
The manager will focus on making sure the team is resourced appropriately, drive day-to-day delivery and prioritization of work, and lead, coach and mentor developers. They’ll support the AI/ML teams in ensuring delivery and alignment with company initiatives.
- Partner closely with internal engineering teams to understand their data needs and to help create tools and infrastructure solutions (Machine learning, data platform, AWS engineers, etc.).
- Drive technical decision-making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impact to product experience.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects; Manage program and project risks appropriately; Jira and scrum ceremonies; Identify and mitigate internal and cross-functional dependencies and blockers.
- Influence and guide software best practices across teams (e.g. SOLID, OOP principles, code coverage, CI/CD/Cx).
- Manage and grow a team of machine learning infrastructure engineers, software engineers, and data engineers responsible for delivering to a roadmap.
- Coach and mentor team members. Foster their career growth through setting objectives, regular feedback, and sharing best practices.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering, either in data infrastructure and/or data engineering.
- Prior experience managing and growing teams and you enjoy working with people.
- Experience in a cloud environment like AWS and familiarity with tools like Kubernetes, Kafka, Airflow, Glue, Spark, Hadoop, AWS tools, Athena and Data Lake Formation.
- Experience scaling data infrastructure products and tools used by engineering teams.
- Passion for event-driven architecture, microservices, experimentation, data reliability, data privacy, and quality.
- Demonstrable experience shipping several large projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring engineers at different stages in their career, including senior and staff level engineers.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and will be based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.