The Senior Director of Operations Quality leads and manages the global Operations Quality department and is accountable for ensuring requirements adhere to Peloton’s Quality requirements. The Senior Director role is responsible for driving departmental strategy, budget, improvement initiatives, and creating an organizational structure capable of achieving Peloton’s strategic long term growth plans.This role will partner heavily with Sourcing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and other Quality teams. This role reports directly to the SVP, Quality & Safety
- Mentoring and leading a diverse operations quality team
- Establish vision and organizational framework for comprehensive global operations quality coverage
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Sourcing and Planning leadership to ensure unified global operations risk and onboarding procedures
- Establish framework for operations quality monitoring, contract enforcement, and establish an operations quality strategy encompassing, manufacturing quality, supplier quality and overall operations quality processes.
- Ensure that all critical processes are established and under control through use of capability analysis, risk management, control and monitoring systems
- Establish robust system for non-conformance and SCAR issuance and resolution with an emphasis on closed-loop root cause and corrective actions
- Partner with supply chain leaders to set measurable improvement targets for operations and participate in critical operations reviews on a regular cadence
- Work with Field Quality and Finance teams to create a pipeline for tracking supplier defects and performing charge backs
- Define the strategy for the Operations Quality Operating System, aligned with the Peloton Operations best practices
- Actively participate in the integration of our acquired companies Precor and Tonic
- Work in sync with our Sourcing team to define the best strategy in the overall Supplier Management during the whole Product Lifecycle, including Quality & Safety as part of the requirements
- At least 10+ years experience in Quality leadership roles
- Engineering Degree - MBA is a plus
- Multi-site leadership in different products and/or industries
- Ability to implement KPIs and KAIs in the shopfloor driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience in managing, coaching, and developing a quickly growing global team
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy and ensuring budgetary alignment
- Understands the art of nuance and has strong communication skills with ability to align other functional leaders and teams around vision. Confident in presenting to executives on fast moving programs
- Strong knowledge of developing and implementing focused Quality Programs into Operational Systems (e.g.: Lean Manufacturing, World Class Manufacturing, etc)
- Team player and highly motivated to make a difference
- Change maker with bias for positive action
- Flexible and agile; able to pivot to changing circumstances and business demands
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management systems and Problem Solving
- Black Belt certification, a plus - must be familiar with lean practices
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.