The Journey Cloud team is responsible for the core workout experience in Peloton, including starting and ending a workout, workout performance history, workout sharing to third party platforms, achievements, and challenges.
We are looking for a strong and passionate software engineer to join our team to build and evolve these features, while making sure they are scalable and reliable at the same time.
- Develop and improve features to enhance users’ workout experiences
- Improve service performance and reliability by leveraging production monitoring/profiling/tracing and load testing tools to discover bottlenecks and using techniques such as data modeling, query optimization, and caching to address the bottlenecks.
- Evolve the architecture of various components and services. Propose, experiment, and implement solutions to scale the services to hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals including data structures and algorithms.
- Good understanding of concurrency, threading, and networking.
- Experience scaling large-scale web applications. Good understanding of request processing, caching, queuing, data storage, partitioning, load balancing, replication. Demonstrated experience leveraging those understandings to solve scaling challenges.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented with ability to come up with good design proposals or thorough analysis of production issues.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Caching, e.g. Memcache, Redis, etc.
- Relational Database, e.g. Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- NoSQL Databases, e.g.Cassandra, Dynamodb, Mongodb, etc.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.