Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our business partners, including sales, marketing, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about building highly available and performant systems that will scale globally to join our Payments Platform team. Our mission is to offer our customers relevant and intuitive payment options to purchase Peloton products that meet their wellness goals, budget and lifestyle.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Be a key member of a brand new team and will have a significant impact on the culture.
- Build, integrate and evolve key components of our Payments Platform at global scale from scratch.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce platform and payments infrastructure while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers and product managers.
- Build and maintain APIs for our payments platform with a variety of languages.
- Build and maintain SDKs to these APIs driving developer experience in teams that depend on us.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability and performance.
- Share knowledge gained within and outside the team by taking part in Technical talks, Hackathons etc
- Be a key member of the team by driving productivity and shaping the culture.
- Participate in on-call rotation, duties and responsibilities (incident management).
- Become an expert in several areas within the payments platform (APIs/Integrations/SDKs/Fraud/Underlying infrastructure etc)
- 4 to 6 years of software development experience.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language like Java, Python, Ruby, or Kotlin.
- You are proficient in at least one backend framework like Spring (current stack), Django, Rails, or similar.
- Proven record of operating with a strong bias for action.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming design principles.
- Good understanding of Agile, Lean, and DevOps principles.
- Have led medium to large sized projects or product features to completion.
- Designed (REST/GraphQL), developed and maintained APIs using HTTP (JSON/XML/gRPC)
- Solid understanding of relational databases (database design principles and SQL).
- Strong product and technical mindset.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changed environment.
- Analytical and creative problem solver, with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality and operation excellence.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience integrating and deploying to managed cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP).
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways and/or enterprise middlewares.
- 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry, e-commerce, credit card and payment related product operations.
- Have experience with Kotlin.
- Have experience with gRPC.
- Have experience with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Have experience with GraphQL.
- Have experience with driving observability using Datadog/NewRelic.
- Have experience with or knowledge of TDD, DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing.
- Experience/interest in functional programming languages and design principles.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business stakeholders to understand the problem space better.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.