Peloton is looking for our next Manager, Systems Software Engineering CardioOS (cardio operating systems) team. The ideal candidate has proven design and build skills, passion for low-level systems software and device driver programming, hands-on experience working on operating systems at all layers from boot loader to OS, and experience with shipping hardware/software products. You are the kind of hands on manager who has expertise building and coaching high performing teams, creating high reliable, robust, and performant systems software.
The Cardio team is responsible for the software platform that runs our bikes and treadmills. The Cardio platform is an essential part of the member facing experience and stability, scalability and innovation are all core parts of what we do. As the lead of the CardioOS team you will be the owner of the process, people and technology on our Android based platform.
In this role you will :
- Lead a team of software engineers that works on the OS stack for Peloton's tablet device family.
- Build and inspire team that designs, implements and debugs complex, system-level, multi-component issues that typically span across multiple layers from kernel to application.
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware and software engineering teams.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees.
- Build and lead team that designs and implements device and bus drivers that operate efficiently in a constrained environment yet when pressed can efficiently deliver large volumes of data with low-latency and high-bandwidth.
- Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, and drive their continued development.
- Manage vendor relationships with our manufacturing partners and third-party contributors as they apply to our Cardio platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and/or combination of education or experience.
- Must have Android experience.
- Experience with Linux, open-source software, or mobile SoCs.
- Experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 5+ years of experience in managing engineering teams including hiring, coaching, performance management.
- Experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Proven track record of building and supporting cross-functional teams.
- Experience with low-latency, bandwidth, streaming hardware devices, e.g. video cameras, graphics cards, etc.
- Experience developing software for consumer electronics devices.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Android Kernel/Framework experience, linux kernel, ARM Platforms, power management, on-device firmware (MCU or DSP), device bring up and boot loaders, User Space/Core Services, BSP, Networking, Storage, Wireless, Security, Graphics, Audio.
- Experience working on multiple classes of drivers e.g., bus, block, wireless, display drivers
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.