TEAM LEAD, MANUFACTURING
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all employees are required to observe Peloton’s COVID prevention protocols and wear the necessary PPE within the warehouse and while on client deliveries.
This role will assist the Manufacturing Manager and Supervisor in the overall operation of the location. The Manufacturing Team Leader will be responsible for on-boarding and training new hires, as well as ongoing development of the manufacturing team. They will work to keep the team well informed on priorities and initiatives, while working in a cross-functional warehouse environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of assembling Peloton’s world class products. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting, coaching, training and developing a small group of team members.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for assembly techniques and package products in warehouse manufacturing environment
- Perform all quality checks on inventory/parts, prior to assembly
- Understand Peloton’s process regarding receiving, processing, locating parts/product/shipments in warehouse
- Meet/Exceed production standards; hitting goals and working safely at every point in the manufacturing process
- Ability to collaborate and cooperate with all support groups (e.g., engineering, quality, material, maintenance) to problem solve issues
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with team members to review Key Performance Indicators
- Use systems to analyze reporting and work with management team to implement solutions to close gaps
- Assist in planning, prioritizing and communicating shift directives to ensure efficiency, accuracy and quality objectives are met.
- Serve as Peloton product expert and brand ambassador
- Understand all equipment, tools, fixtures, and devices
- Conduct safety related audits and ensure site is complying with policies
- Maintains team documentation such as Practical Problem Solving (PPS) forms, Job Instruction Training (JIT) forms, standardized work instruction, Flexibility Charts, and Business Plan Execution (BPE) boards and proper documentation.
- Ensures that Quality Andon are in good working order (e.g., lights, cords, boards, music, etc.)
- Collaborates with Repair Associates to ensure all products are repaired in a timely manner.
- Performs checks for error proofing function and validation on recommended frequency.
- Updates and maintains Level 3 BPE information with regard to Quality.
- Supports ALL initiatives relating to environment and work-place Organization (WPO)/5S.
- Create an inclusive culture with integrity
This description indicates the general nature of the qualifications and duties required in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform in this job. It is not a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities team members assigned to this job may have.
- HS Diploma with 2+ years of experience leading people; AA degree preferred
- Experience in a hands-on manufacturing, assembly environment; Consumer hardware assembly experience (preferred)
- Experience with of mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Interpret work instructions, SWI’s, process maps, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage their time efficiently
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems related to people, logistics, and facilities maintenance as well as think on their feet
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team atmosphere
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, including CNC machining, injection molding, welding, and metal forming, etc.
- Flexible schedule; ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Knowledge of OSHA, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge Excel, Minitab; SPC preferred
This is primarily an active position, involving long periods of standing. Must have the ability to lift up to 145 lbs with assistance. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours vary but typically begin between 6:00AM-3:30PM or 4:00PM-12:30AM, flexible ability to work weekends and overtime, as needed.
WHY WORK AT PELOTON
- Competitive Wage- We’ve committed to addressing global economic inequity, starting with investing to increase the hourly wages of our workforce.
- Team Focused Environment- Live the “Together We Go Far” mentality by working with caring thoughtful team members both locally and globally.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.