Sr. Data Engineer - Data Service
Peloton is looking for a Data Engineer to build our Data Warehouse and Data Pipelines. You will work with
multiple teams of passionate and skilled data engineers, architects, and analysts responsible for building
batch and streaming data pipelines that process terabytes of data daily and support all of the analytics,
business intelligence, data science and reporting data needs across the organization.
Peloton is a cloud first engineering organization with all of our data infrastructure in AWS leveraging EMR,
AWS Glue, Redshift, S3, Spark. You will be interacting with many business teams including marketing,
sales, supply chain, logistics, finance and partner to scale Peloton’s data infrastructure for future strategic
- Understand the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals including
Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Product etc.
- Develop the vision and map strategy to provide proactive solutions and enable stakeholders to
extract insights and value from data.
- Understand end to end data interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and
data transformation and how they impact business decisions.
- Design best practices for big data processing, data modeling and warehouse development
throughout the company.
- Build integration and automation across different systems to scale data operations and increase
- Implement monitoring of services and data quality measures to continuously improve SLA.
- Establish standards and procedures and maintain documentation for data services and
operations according to the data governance program.
- Support users from other business units by providing development guidance, code review,
training and troubleshooting of data issues if requested.
- Expertise in Python and experience with developing and maintaining Python code base in
- Strong understanding of SQL and working knowledge of using SQL (preferably PostgreSQL and
Redshift) for various reporting and transformation needs.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL and Redshift.
- Comfortable with Linux operating system and command line tools such as Bash.
- Familiar with REST API for accessing cloud based services.
- Familiar with AWS ecosystem, including RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Has experiences with GIT, Github, JIRA and SCRUM.
- 3+ years in building a data warehouse and data pipelines. Or, 5+ years in data intensive
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals.
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills.
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile to data engineering.
Nice to have:
- Worked on projects about regulatory compliance like SOX/GDPA/CCPR.
- Has experiences with Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark and PySpark.
- Familiar with BI solutions, Looker or Tableau.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.