Peloton is seeking a Cloud Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for a highly-available and secure global infrastructure that enables Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes engineering, deploying, maintaining and supporting the global cloud and physical data network, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels and client VPN and cloud technologies. You will work very closely with the Enterprise Platform Engineering team and collaborate with the business stakeholders and other IT teams within the Enterprise Technology organization on projects and initiatives in addition to partnering with our Cyber Security team to implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with best-in-class security services.
- Deploy and support a complex global cloud and physical network environment
- Act as a cloud network engineer in cloud projects and initiatives and develop target state and transition state design for new and migration cloud projects
- Working with Infrastructure as Code and Network as Code, based on Ansible, Terraform, GitHub Actions, and Harness/Jenkins
- Make GitHub pull requests relating to software-defined networking
- Troubleshoot cloud and on-prem network problems; perform network analysis, root cause analysis and optimization
- Ensure uptime and monitoring of all global physical and cloud network infrastructure
- Secure the network infrastructure by partnering with the Information Security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s global cloud footprint
- Collaborate on and document standard operating procedures for Level 1&2 network support
- Ensure that network documentation and diagrams are up to date
- Ensure network stability and performance through operational excellence and proactive maintenance
- Participate in 24x7 on call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with AWS architectural principles and key networking services such as: AWS Global infrastructure, VPC, S3, EC2, Route 53, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, Security Groups is a must.
- Experience with cloud and physical network monitoring tools.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNA, CCNP. AWS Network specialty certifications is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, Aruba Wireless and Palo Alto Networks.
- 7+ years of experience as a Cloud/Network Engineer including
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise Networking and supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 4+ years of experience with network design and/or support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 4+ years of experience with infrastructure automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible or Chef.
- 2+ year of experience with *nix systems and general use
- 1+ years of supporting SD-WAN solutions.
- 1+ years of experience with supporting and administering DDI solutions.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Motivated, curious, self-starter who has the desire to learn
- Ability to solve technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of network design and applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing and switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks
- Experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to configure, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot) of cloud networking.
- Familiarity with Containerization and associated management tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Python, Ruby etc.
- Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Knowledge of change management and MOPs
- Strong knowledge of packet capture and traffic analysis
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Strong knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Knowledge of networking technologies and protocols such as VTP, LACP, 802.1Q, RSTP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, RADIUS/TACACS+, 802.1x, SNMP, L3VPNs, L2VPNs and IPsec.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.