Peloton’s App BD team is seeking an experienced deal maker who will be responsible for supporting the growth of Peloton’s Connected Fitness and App businesses through innovative, first of a kind partnerships. This role will stay ahead of the needs of the business and become an expert in identifying, sourcing, and negotiating creative partnerships that deliver business impact for both parties. This person will partner with cross-functional teams, internally and externally, to articulate deal terms and evaluation, ultimately selling into decision makers at both organizations.
The ideal candidate brings 10+ years experience in consumer technology; media, SaaS, and product sensibilities; high quantitative acumen; a history of closing high visibility deals.
- Drive strategic deal sourcing to support growth areas of the business. Less is more. Know which partners to engage and which to spend less time exploring.
- Shape business cases and deal terms so that the organization can efficiently evaluate deal opportunities; preempt concerns from your cross-functional stakeholders.
- Operate in white space by putting pen to paper to shape new distribution channels for the company.
- Deliver 2-3 high visibility, blue print deals each year with global potential for scale.
- Protect Peloton’s resources; be discerning in how you engage internal stakeholders in deal assessment and commitments. Say no more than yes.
- Work cross-functionally across the organization, partnering with Strategy, Marketing, Product, Music, Finance, etc, to secure buy-in and shape deals for consideration.
- Contribute to BD’s forecast and other P&L management activities
- 7-10 years of experience in a highly analytical + strategic external-facing role.
- Expert in negotiations and creative tradeoffs
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, multi-time zone environment
- Highly organized and comfortable managing multiple work streams at once
- Excellent verbal and powerpoint communicator
- Proficient in working in MS Excel to perform own deal modeling
- Self motivation and accountability; you will directly generate deal flow and own it soup to nuts
- A strong team player (no job is too small or too large)
- Prior consulting or banking experience / MBA preferred
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.