Peloton, the leading interactive fitness platform that pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, is looking for a hardworking communicator with experience working on enterprise IT and cybersecurity products, brands, or issues. The Manager, Tech and Security Communications, will partner with Peloton’s enterprise and security teams to tell positive stories about Peloton’s internal systems, security and IT executives, and subject matter authorities. A successful team member will have a keen understanding of the enterprise technology and cybersecurity media landscape and have a solid understanding of industry trends and thought leadership topics.
This role would be responsible for crafting PR plans, securing and managing speaking engagements for leadership and other key spokespeople across the company’s enterprise IT and security teams, writing (press releases, blog posts, product messaging and executive talking points), reactive communications to support any security response issues, and developing compelling stories to articulate Peloton’s advancements in enterprise IT technology and security to position Peloton as a technology leader and the best place to work in tech.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, this role will be part of a global communications team and regularly collaborate with communications colleagues in Canada, the UK, Germany, and Australia, employer brand and recruitment team members, as well as senior leaders on Peloton’s enterprise and security teams including Peloton’s CIO and head of security.
Experience building proactive communications and storytelling programs, media relations, crisis communications, communications strategy, and content development skills are required. This person is encouraged to manage relationships with key media, bloggers, and influencers, be familiar with relevant enterprise technology and security-focused conferences and events, and should be highly organized, upbeat, and collaborative.The ideal candidate will be able to be a trusted partner and work cross-functionally to drive teams towards a launch or a common goal.
- Plan and execute enterprise tech and security PR plans and strategy
- Proactively identify industry trends and devise compelling stories that show Peloton’s leadership in enterprise technology
- Identify and coordinate speaking opportunities to increase visibility for the enterprise and security organization
- Help technical teams relay security issues to press and Peloton Members
- Understand, field questions, and communicate information regarding cybersecurity incidents and incident response, as well as day-to-day technical efforts
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant technology media and influencers to educate them about Peloton’s products
- Write and edit press materials including press releases, blog posts, announcements, bylines, pitches
- Work with vendors, partners, external security researchers to tell joint stories at events and in the press when appropriate
- Proven media and influencer relationships in the technology sector, and the media placements to prove it.
- Outstanding interpersonal, project management and prioritization skills. Unfazed by constant change.
- A collaborative, open attitude and a history of working in and leading cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (writing samples required) with a knack for simplifying sophisticated topics and technologies.
- 6+ years of tech PR experience, either agency or in-house
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.