Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of data engineers in the Enterprise
Data Team. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline
architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate
is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and
building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database
architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery
architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable
supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by
the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next
generation of products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities for a Sr. Data Engineer:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes,
optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a
wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer
acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with
data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers
and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and
optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications for a Sr. Data Engineer:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query
authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with DW tools: Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS), Informatica Data Quality (CDQ), Informatica PowerCenter, etc.
- Experience with relational RDMS and NoSQL databases, including Postgres, Redshift DW
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Atomic, AutoSys, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.