This role will be remote/wfh until Peloton offices reopen (tentatively early 2022), after which you will work from the SF Bay Area Peloton office (3-5 days/week). Relocation will be provided for the right candidate.
Senior Windchill PLM Engineer
The Enterprise Systems PLM IT team, part of the broader Go to Market Systems (GTM) organization, is looking for a proactive and collaborative self-starter, technically hands-on and a problem solver to support the team’s mission to implement and sustain best in class PLM solutions. This will be achieved through developing a deep understanding of our current product development practices and applying PLM best practices to the continuous development and improvement of product development & quality processes through best possible technical solutions in the system.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving business systems team in a high-growth global organization. You will have the opportunity to design, build and implement best practice PLM systems and processes. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Windchill PDMLink, SUMA, PartsLink, MPMLink and Thingworx Navigate to design and implement PLM business solutions.
- Translate PLM business requirements into functional, technical requirements, solution design and development
- Design solutions for Windchill business data model configuration and customization with Info*Engine components, web services, business rules and UI
- Implement PLM system enhancements in a SaaS based PLM model and collaborate with vendor stakeholders on deployments
- Support integration of data from PLM to ERP and MDM working closely with other Enterprise Systems and business stakeholders. Experience with Windchill ESI layer for SAP, MES integration.
- Support integration of data from Solidworks MCAD, ECAD, Software to Windchill PLM system working closely with other Enterprise Systems stakeholders
- Perform data migrations from other PLM and legacy systems to Windchill
- Perform system upgrades, configure and tests systems to execute features, integration, and reporting
- Create application deployment packages for deployments by application vendors or inhouse teams
- Set up a DevOps framework for future deployments
- Effort estimation of user stories, providing demonstrations for implementation
- Provide solution options & design solutions to ensure best application performance
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in a team environment and be able to work independently to meet the project deliverables
- Mentoring developers and consultants on designing and implementing the better solution working around the technical feasibility
- Knowledgeable in Git/GitHub
Skills and Experience
- At least, 7 years of hands-on experience with PTC Windchill PDMLink configuration and customizations.
- Should have a good understanding of Windchill Architecture, database, setting up change management workflows, user management, xBOM management, BOM transformation, Platform Structures, Variant configuration, Supplier Management
- Good understanding of design structures, product structure, product configuration, manufacturing processes.
- Experience with multi-tiered application development, MVC architecture, service-oriented architecture, and microservice architecture a plus
- Experience with Windchill Bulk migrator to stage & migrate data is a plus & preferred
- Experience with Windchill Rest API architecture to build the API and integrate with other systems is a plus
- PTC ThingWorx Implementation knowledge is a plus and preferred
- Experience implementing PLM software such as PTC Windchill, Oracle Agile, Siemens Teamcenter, Aras Innovator is highly preferred.
- Experience implementing QMS systems such as ETQ, Windchill QMS, SAP QMS is a plus.
- Direct experience of lean methodology and/or a workplace that expressly promoted a continuous improvement mentality
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Need to be able to clearly communicate expectations to the team as well as report on progress in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid analytical skills and a strong attention to detail are required
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable to changing business needs and priorities
- PTC Windchill certifications or affiliated trainings is desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science\Mechanical Engineering and equivalent
- Technical Skills required: Java, JSP, Java Script, jQuery, AngularJS, SQL, Database tuning
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.