The Senior Director, People Business Partner will directly support the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and Chief Legal & Culture Officer (CLC), and lead the People Business Partner (PBP) team that supports client groups and business leaders across these organizations. This role will be responsible for helping to drive business outcomes, values adoption, leadership development, organizational effectiveness and strong employee engagement through the development and execution of an aligned global talent strategy. In addition, this role will have 3 directs, but lead a total team of 8 People Business Partners supporting these functions. This role is based in Peloton’s NYC Headquarters.
The successful candidate will partner with leaders across the business to develop business objectives that support our People strategy, while also focusing on the development of the People Business Partner team to enhance their strategic partnerships.They are capable of driving change across a dynamic, fast-growing organization. This role will be accountable for leading programs at scale, from needs identification to implementation, considering the unique needs of our internal client groups and in close partnership with other cross functional teams of the broader People organization. As a member of the People Business Partner team, this role will ensure core and common talent-related programs and processes are adopted and adapted, while understanding when to flex based on nuances of their client groups. This individual will also be responsible in helping to strengthen the leadership team of each function and fostering an inclusive & diverse culture by providing coaching and consultation to leaders to further develop their leadership capability and capacity.
- Identify root-cause issues, match people strategies to business strategies, and deliver global programs that drive results and strong employee engagement
- Learn, anticipate and quickly become embedded with the business as a trusted people business partner and advisor, not only of People initiatives but broadly
- Consistently coach, advise and influence senior leaders on their effectiveness, help raise their own performance bar
- Partner with business leaders to to drive & lead through organizational change and evolution
- Develop and steward a holistic talent plan for your client groups
- Develop and support your team as they continue to uplevel their strategic partnerships with the business
- Proactively manage legal risk; ensures manager and employee compliance with company policies and procedures, and governmental regulations, and closely partner with Employee Relations team on investigations as needed
- Respond to employee questions regarding but not limited to the following: employee relations, company policies, leadership and employee development, compensation, etc.
- Leverage data to create People dashboards with the business, taking an analytical and metrics-driven approach to solutions and drawing insights to create compelling narratives for change
- Build and foster an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company vision, mission & values
- Develop and enable people manager capabilities and leadership team effectiveness
- Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
- Build strategy and/or solutions, leveraging sound judgment to navigate ambiguous situations
- Take initiative to develop and manage timelines, driving cross functional teams’ programs and processes forward, while providing actionable feedback to inform and strengthen future program iterations.
- Be a collaborative member of the broader People team org, a trust-worthy supporter of the business and lead by example across Peloton’s values.
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources, as generalist, people leader, business partner, or human capital consulting
- Demonstrated progression and increased scope in matrixed, high-growth organizations
- Experience in a highly influential HR role with executive level interface and impact
- Knowledge of tech industry and experience both in a start-up and an established HR environment a plus
- Ability to earn trust with client groups through delivery of results and operating with a bias for action
- Ability to manage a team and hold high performance standards and quality outputs
- Deep business acumen and the executional know-how of building and growing businesses globally through the ongoing development and support of its people
- Deep knowledge of and experience in running core HR processes including performance management (performance coaching and progressive discipline), succession planning, compensation planning, etc. as well as organizational design and effectiveness
- Ability to synthesize complex situations into a digestible, action-oriented format for business leaders and their teams
- Possess a high level of discretion - ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions across a matrix management organization
- Unique ability to flourish in a rapidly changing organization, and operate comfortably with ambiguity and complexity
- Partners with business to drive & lead through organizational change and evolution
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.