Peloton, the leading interactive fitness platform, is looking for a hardworking communications specialist to support the company's new private label apparel brand, retail, studio, and community-driven programs. The Communications Lead would manage the day-to-day communications function of Peloton Apparel while supporting the brand’s initiatives at retail, major news moments across Peloton’s global studios with an emphasis on Peloton Studios New York while also finding opportunities to amplify community events and storytelling within the media. This role would entail crafting communications plans and strategies, document drafting from media relations materials to briefing and messaging materials, while also driving media awareness across press verticals. You will come to the role with media relationships and be hardworking about crafting deeper media ties on behalf of Peloton. The candidate would have some expertise with or understanding of influencer marketing and seeding and have some experience working with talent and executives.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Consumer Communications, the candidate will work collaboratively with a diverse pool of internal and external partners. The ideal candidate would thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment where they excel working across teams acting as strategic counsel for their function.
The ideal candidate would possess a personal passion for media with a strong understanding of industry trends. They would ideally have experience in the fitness and/or athleisure categories, an understanding of the business of fashion and retail and partner with and manage talent around key initiatives.
- Manage and support the execution of PR campaigns, programs and initiatives specific to Peloton Apparel, Retail, Studios and it’s member Community
- Craft communications and media relations strategies across Peloton Apparel, Retail, Studios and Community
- Draft vital documents including press releases, fact sheets, press pitches, talent and executive briefing books
- Creatively concept and execute both virtual and in-person press events and tactics around brand launches
- Effectively contribute to cross-functional teams and discussions
- Consistently drive impactful media coverage and results across business focuses
- Build and cultivate trusted media relationships on behalf of Peloton
- Proactively share status updates with the Senior Director and Senior Communications Lead to ensure cohesive execution across other areas of the Consumer
- Collaborate with global counterparts across Peloton’s global press teams in the UK, Canada, Germany and Australia
- Mentor junior team members to support their growth within the Global Communications team and larger company
- Experience crafting communications strategies and programs
- Proven relationships across books of media with a strong grasp of style, lifestyle, fitness, retail and business/trade media
- Track record of securing brand-building press placements in key media outlets
- Experience and comfort working with and promoting talent/brand executives around key initiatives
- A passion for organization and project management, an ability to multi-task with grace
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial demeanor with the ability to participate in strategic conversations with internal and external partners
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (writing samples required) with the expertise to craft documents swiftly but with attention to detail
- A passion for storytelling and the drive to proactively craft mediagenic story angles
- Naturally creative with the ability to generate original ideas
- Results-oriented with an understanding of how to translate metrics internally
- 4+ years of PR experience, either agency or in-house
- Fitness, fashion and/or experience in the athleisure category a plus
- Bachelor's degree
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.