Peloton is seeking a Product Analyst to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our engagement products, with a focus on software experiences that drive repeat member engagement. This analyst will work with a cross-functional team to refine product development strategy and evaluate outcomes of software feature launches and experiments.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Own analytics within certain areas of our software experience, from metrics definition and data instrumentation design to ongoing reporting, deep-dive and generative research
- Collaborate with product managers, user researchers, and other cross-functional partners to discover opportunities for encouraging repeat workout engagement and understand the impact of newly launched experiences
- Develop a deep understanding of user personas and their fitness routines across Peloton’s product portfolio
- Contribute to Product Analytics team’s efforts to increase the adoption of data-driven decision making frameworks across company and to enhance usability of self-service analytics resources
- Work in a lean and agile way, focusing on stakeholder desired outcomes over granular tasks and continuously assessing tradeoffs between precision and actionability
- You are curious: ask good questions, are always excited to learn new methods, approaches and perspectives, and are eager to investigate interesting trends in the data
- Work well collaboratively, both in a cross-functional context and as a part of joint research projects with Product Analytics teammates. You value and seek out different perspectives and enjoy giving and receiving actionable feedback.
- Are comfortable owning your project timelines, prioritizing tasks with user and business impact in mind, assessing speed/precision tradeoffs, and proactively communicating project statuses to stakeholders and teammates
- Have a passion storytelling and an ability to efficiently relay your insights to non-technical audiences
- Have 3+ years of overall experience in an analytics capacity with a focus on problem solving and providing actionable insights; some experience conducting analysis with a product/UX focus is desirable but not required
- Have strong technical skills when it comes to data wrangling and handling large datasets: can use SQL for data extraction (including complex joins, CTE, query optimization), and have a good understanding of Python syntax required for data cleaning and exploratory analysis (e.g. pandas, numpy)
- Have an understanding of statistics and data science methodologies (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions, and other machine learning techniques such as clustering)
- Have proven experience defining and owning project success metrics
AS A BONUS:
- Previous experience working on a product analytics team for a B2C software or software+hardware product
- Experience with A/B testing
- Strong understanding of event-based data collection and related technical concepts (e.g. SDK, device vs. cloud mode, schema management) and tools (e.g. Segment)
- Experience with product analytics SaaS tools (e.g. Amplitude, Mixpanel, Pendo, etc.)
- Understanding of adjacent quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques (e.g. usability testing, concept testing, market sizing etc.)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.