Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our business partners, including sales, marketing, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer who is passionate about building highly available and performant systems to join our Shop Platform team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce platform while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers and product managers to build, integrate and evolve key components of our Shop Platform, which is the core of Peloton’s e-commerce systems.
- Architect APIs for our shop platform, including but not limited to product catalog management, checkout, cart, payment processing and promotion management.
- API development with a variety of languages, primarily Kotlin.
- Help to evolve our Shop Platform to best in class by providing guidance to the teams in terms of technical strategy and excellency.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability and performance. Your code should set the bar for how to approach the next generation of Peloton microservices.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming and leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
- Drive architecture meetings, cross-team dependencies, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Mentor other software engineers about Spring Boot, Kotlin, Messaging systems and CRQS.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify technical trade-offs and to make informed technical and product decisions.
- 6+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ in the financial services industry, e-commerce, credit card and payment related product operations.
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Strong product and technical mindset.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changed environment.
- Analytical and creative problem solver, with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Good understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Proven experience with Spring Boot, Kotlin (or Java), Postgres, AWS, GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience migrating and evolving backend systems into cloud environments.
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways and/or enterprise middlewares.
- Have experience integrating and deploying to managed cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP).
- Have experience with microservices architecture and the backend-for-frontend pattern.
- Are able to take a project from scoping requirements through actual execution and delivery.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience with or knowledge of TDD, DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing.
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization and localization.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.