Peloton is searching for a Senior Manufacturing Testing Engineer to lead and drive the creation and rollout of Peloton Output Park, a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. The Senior Manufacturing Testing Engineer will lead the effort to scale complex devices from concept to mass production at POP (Peloton Output Park). They will work with engineering teams in early phases of product development to define factory test requirements, then work with contractors, manufacturing and suppliers to define and document test requirements. The Senior Manufacturing Testing Engineer will be responsible for full implementation of test solutions including test hardware (fixtures and instrumentation), development with external vendors, and in-house test software development. This role will be the subject matter expert (SME) in test software architecture and development. This engineer will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Develop test strategy, test flow, and test plans for new products by partnering with engineering teams, Program management, Quality and JDMs
- Drive the effort to define and document test requirements, test limits, and implementation of manufacturing tests during NPI phase and support production ramp
- Develop test software and test hardware needed to test new technologies
- Lead a cross functional effort to review and approve the design of test station including SW, fixture and SoP
- Optimize testing in terms of yields, retest rate, test time, and costs before production ramp
- Work with engineering teams to ensure product manufacturability by adhering to DFT principles and best practices
- Responsible for collecting all factory test data, summarizing the data and findings. Work with suppliers, operations, and engineering to root cause issues and implementing corrective actions
- Present plans, data, and findings in a cross-functional environment in a clear and concise manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (SW/FW/EE/ME/HW/QC/MFG) to ensure robust manufacturing test strategies, provide expertise in manufacturing test development and execution
- Lead quotes, build, and validation of manufacturing test equipment that meet required test standards as defined by Peloton’s products requirements
- Author manufacturing test SOP/WI’s for operating necessary equipment and performing tests repeatedly
- Evaluate the product designs and create the manufacturing test processes, fixtures and operating procedures
- Lead manufacturing test specification development for new and existing product designs, develop mechanical requirements, write test plans and lead test coverage based on product requirements
- Develop state-of-the-art test equipment, test fixture design, ATE equipment (HW and SW)
- Develop automated test scripts for product functional tests using LabView/C/C++/Python
- Design, build and deploy manufacturing test platforms for manufacturing partners (HW and SW)
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and root cause manufacturing test yield issues and field escapes
- Craft and support high volume data collection from multiple systems in a manufacturing environment to identify, measure and present critical metrics needed by the Peloton engineering teams
- Manage the manufacturing test FW/SW change order process (ECR/ECO)
- Perform statistical process analysis (Gage R&R, SPC, CP/CPk)
- Domestic and International travel required
- Must be able to work at Peloton Output Park in Troy Township, Ohio.
- BS in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Computer Science, or Mechanical) preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on, product-specific manufacturing test development and execution required (NPI to MP)
- Extensive background in high-volume manufacturing test development for consumer products
- Solid experience in quality metrics, process characterization and mapping, Product Quality / Reliability / Improvement techniques, DFM/DFT, and Continuous Process Improvement
- Subject matter expert with scripting languages, particularly C/C++/Python, Familiar with Android/iOs and windows programming
- Production Test experience in PCB’s, electro-mechanical assemblies, Motor systems (stepper, DC, AC) Hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc.
- Experience with CAD; AutoCAD Electrical, SolidWorks a plus
- Extensive experience in developing or integrating manufacturing test hardware fixturing and instrumentation
- Solid ability to interpret engineering drawings (Electrical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Jira, Confluence, CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.