Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all employees are required to wear the necessary PPE within the warehouse and while on client deliveries
A DC Manager oversees a Distribution Center’s daily business activities. They are responsible for managing its resources, developing and implementing an operational plan and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly. Additionally, the DC Manager regularly evaluates organizational efficiency and makes necessary changes to maximize staff productivity. A DC Manager assesses the needs of the company and finds ways to contribute to the big picture by ensuring daily operations run smoothly and as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals.
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, yard management processes, and shipping capabilities.
- Train and manage a team of Operations Managers to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goal
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations and OSHA standards.
- Spearheads the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes to allow the company to achieve and surpass operational goals, profitability, and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for driving strong team oriented culture by focusing on creating DC wide team member development plans.
- Develop policies and procedures to meet new or changing conditions within the Distribution Center. Ensure consistency among sites in quality policies and practices. Interface with necessary stakeholders across the network to obtain alignment and implement corrective action measures.
- Maintains existing facilities and equipment. Replaces or makes adjustments to warehouse facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Manages capital asset maintenance. Controls and minimizes operating expenses.
- Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Leads team of salaried managers who oversee 100-500 team leaders & team members
- Reports to Sr. Manager, DC Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred
- 3+ years leading operations
- Strong operational mindset with proven ability to deliver results and lead large teams of greater than 100 team members
- Proven experience managing teams across different levels of expertise
- Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma a plus
This is primarily an active position, involving long periods of standing and lifting items weighing 25 lbs or more. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.