ABOUT THE ROLE:
Peloton is seeking a Senior Footwear Designer to help envision and bring to life footwear designs for new categories of sport footwear. This will be a hands-on design role, focused on growing and evolving our footwear design capabilities.
You will work together within a highly cross-functional team to envision, concept, design, and develop footwear that will delight our members and enhance their Peloton experience. As the team is growing and highly dynamic, you will play a key role in ensuring design robustness, brand unity, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are all met. Additionally, there will be opportunities for interaction at all levels of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Design sport footwear models, from initial concept to detailed presentation-level illustrations to technical development and factory handoffs
- Work with design management to envision and drive the short and long-term footwear design direction rooted in brand vision, member insights, market trends to ensure product design consistency.
- Partner with user research to unpack member observations, relevant trends, market snapshots and translate into on-brand footwear designs
- Work cross-functionally with adjacent design, product and development teams to ensure design success, including development, product management, and operations.
- Work closely with a global network of suppliers and factory partners throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance.
- Inspire and partner with adjacent teams to pursue forward-thinking ideas that are innovative and original in the market.
- Tap into your strong verbal and visual presentation skills -- you will present category concepts and strategies with clarity and expertise.
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from concept sketch to detailed renderings to digital presentations
- Participate in efficient processes and communication between external and internal teams
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- 7+ years of sport footwear design or equivalent experience
- Bachelors in Industrial Design, or equivalent 4-year degree
- Footwear-specific experience in shepherding products through the entire design process from user research to concept to prototype to production.
- High level awareness of design, material and product trends, footwear market landscape
- Experience and knowledge of sport footwear manufacturing methods
- Great attention to technical details.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills
- Ability to articulate and champion solutions as well as being able to present to executive level teams.
- High motivation to share, learn, and contribute to both product and process development
- Spoken and written English.
- Ability to multitask and manage your time wisely.
- Positive, proactive attitude and high energy!
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- You will report directly to the Principal of Footwear Design
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Hardware Design, CMF, Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Sourcing, and Product Development.
- Industrial Design and CMF
- Product Management
- Mechanical Engineering and Product Development
- External contractors, factory partners and suppliers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in industrial design OR relevant design curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years practical experience in industrial design-centric settings, emphasis on footwear
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong hand-sketching skills
- Bonus: 3D skills (Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.