We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced designer to lead the design and production of Peloton’s consumer facing Product Documentation. The Senior Designer will be responsible for creating comprehensive guides and manuals to ensure that users understand how to operate our product safely and with ease. Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs toward a larger brand narrative while also capturing details that enhance the consumer experience.
This role reports directly to the Design Manager, Global Product Documentation and partners closely with Technical Writing/Editing, Product Management, Legal, Packaging Design and Design Program Management.
- Design user-facing content for fitness device quick start guides, user manuals, and other printed and digital materials
- Distill complex and substantial amounts of information into visually engaging solutions, to enhance the user’s experience with the product
- Work quickly and accurately to produce design solutions that meet individual project objectives, while also designing towards a larger and consistent brand narrative
- Work in close partnership with internal teams (Technical Writing/Editing, Product Management, Legal, Packaging Design, Design Project Management) to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects
- Meet key deliverables while managing several projects simultaneously and maintaining a high quality of work
- Partner with Design Manager and Design Project Management to continue to optimize and streamline the Documentation design process with mindfulness to scalability
- Maintain design standards and help to build Documentation brand guidelines as we continue to expand our product portfolio and distribution
- QC all work and partner with Production Design and Package Engineering to prep/release all files for production
- Manage communication with external vendors, both domestic and international
- 5+ years of experience in print/digital design and production
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Graphic Design
- Highly proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign required), experience with 3D software (Solidworks, Cinema 4D, etc) is a plus
- Experience designing technical guides, user manuals or assembly instructions (direct experience with integrated hardware-software products is a bonus)
- Trained and skilled in typography, illustration and layout
- In-depth knowledge of printing, materials and manufacturing processes
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
- Comfortable accepting and addressing feedback and flexible in accommodating fast and frequent changes
- Experience collaborating with other designers, illustrators, production designers and writers in a team environment
- Efficient, detail-oriented and precise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.