Peloton is seeking an experienced Senior Design Manager, Global Packaging to lead the ideation, development, design and execution of Peloton’s brand-focused packaging initiatives. This role will help shape the vision and strategy for packaging and physical product experiences across Marketing, Membership, Retail and Apparel. Our ideal candidate strategically designs toward a larger brand narrative while also considering the thoughtful, tangible details that enhance the consumer experience. The position requires a strong foundation in both structural and graphic design, extensive exposure to the packaging development process and lifecycle, and experience managing both the design work and professional development of a team.
This role reports directly to the Senior Director, Global Packaging Experience out of our HQ in New York.
- Maintain, evolve and iterate on a cohesive, elevated design system that ensures consistency and elevates the experience across all brand packaging touchpoints
- Drive the evolution of our brand packaging aesthetic and long-term packaging strategy, considering focus areas such as sustainability, accessibility and scalability
- Inspire and manage a small team of designers by clearly communicating vision, providing day-to-day oversight of their work and guiding their professional development
- Own the design process through research and strategy, concept and iteration, engineering and DFM, cost analysis and production
- Work in close partnership with the Marketing, Membership, Apparel, Retail, Content, Operations/Logistics and Procurement/Sourcing organizations, guiding the design process and synthesizing feedback and input from stakeholders
- Ensure that all packaging programs meet cost and business objectives
- Manage communication with external vendors, both domestic and international
- Drive innovation in packaging through structure, materials and manufacturing processes by staying up to date on industry trends and technology
- Work with design leadership and DPM to continue to optimize and streamline the packaging process with mindfulness to scalability
- Continually strategize new opportunities and improvements to the consumer experience as they relate to packaging
- 8+ years of proven experience in packaging with a minimum of 2 years in management
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design and/or Graphic Design (dual focus a bonus)
- Expertise in Adobe CC, 3D modeling/rendering programs (Rhino and Cinema 4D preferred) and Artios CAD
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience as part of an in-house creative team
- Experience overseeing the packaging design and development process from concept through execution, including vendor communication and management
- Capable of working on all packaging touchpoints including promotional product (hard and soft goods), primary packaging, secondary/shipping packaging, in-box components and collateral, etc.
- Deep understanding of structural design, printing, materials and manufacturing processes
- Strong visual design aesthetic including typography, pattern and photography
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to tackle complex projects under tight timelines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Unwavering attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Understanding of (and excitement around) Peloton’s brand, aesthetic, voice and mission
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.