ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 7+ years’ experience supporting product development to join the Product Legal team. Be a part of a team that values innovation, collaboration and the idea of working better together. You will be responsible for providing support for Peloton’s hardware development teams by spotting legal issues and helping to ensure compliance with product safety, privacy and security commitments. A successful candidate for this role will understand the unique balance of pragmatism, risk and compliance with a strong sense of how to prioritize our Members’ needs and wants. This position also requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Provide high-quality, pragmatic legal and business advice regarding a wide range of product development issues including safety and consumer protection issues to support Peloton products and accessories.
- Draft, negotiate and review a variety of contracts related to manufacturing and direct sourcing
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue-spot sensitive legal and business concerns within the product development lifecycle.
- Provide training to business clients on emerging laws and regulatory changes.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and both drive and share those improvements across the Peloton Product organization and Legal team.
- 7+ years of legal experience advising on matters related to product design and manufacturing, packaging, consumer protection, device standards and consumer product safety.
- Experience advising on product safety requirements, accessibility standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Experience working with procurement, global manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Superior critical thinking skills, with the ability to review novel issues, provide analysis and assess risk
- Experience developing policies and process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- JD and an active license to practice law in a US jurisdiction.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.