As a software engineer on the e-commerce ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) Integrations team, you will work on a platform responsible for streaming transactional and master date e-commerce events to downstream ERP systems.
The team also has the mission to Increase the transparency, traceability, and accuracy of all the transactional events generated in the e-commerce systems subject to be reported to our ERP system and vice-versa.
You will work closely with Project Managers and Product Managers on the E-commerce Platform Scrum Team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than working in isolation.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity, and working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- You have two or more years of software development experience
- You are passionate about technology, new ideas and always willing to learn new things
- You have a love for clean, elegant code
- You have an understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles
- You have a sense of testing and CI/CD
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming design principles.
- You are familiar with at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar
- You can work in high growth, fast-paced environments and can adapt to change
- You have an expert understanding of industry best practices and standards
- You have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- You have an acute attention to detail and dedication to quality
- You have experience with at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience integrating e-commerce software
- Have experience working with Enterprise Systems like SAP and Salesforce
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking-out over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community
- Contribute to open-source projects
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices
- Have practiced Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Have experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS, and Event Sourcing
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business stakeholders to understand the problem space better
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization and localization
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.