Peloton is seeking an experienced Staff Engineer, Retail Technology to play a key technical leadership role responsible for helping identify, influence, and implement technology solutions for the Peloton Stores. You will also work collaboratively with peers to define our future omni channel retail technology roadmap and build strategic relationships with key IT & Business leaders to ensure success.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving results oriented and driven global IT organization with ownership over a portfolio that delivers direct value to these organizational stakeholders and Peloton overall. The ideal profile of this position calls for a flexible and well-rounded individual with Retail Technology experience – someone who is customer obsessed, self-motivated, detail oriented and collaborative. Being part of this team will lend you the opportunity to make an impact not just within your team but the IT organization as a whole. You must be experienced and comfortable interfacing with members of other teams to gain clarity, triage issues, and drive them through highly cross-functional initiatives. This position will report to the VP of Retail Technology initially.
- Help the retail teams to identify and influence or implement innovative, cutting-edge, and scalable retail applications that span POS, mobile POS, Inventory, Store & Field Operations, Store Digital, Store Systems, Clienteling, Integration with E-commerce and ERP Systems etc.,
- Be a hands-on Architect (must be able to code) with focus on delivery of small to large initiatives including guiding the teams to make strategic technical decisions to enable delivery outcomes, set expectations and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Lead architecture meetings and technical discussions with the focus of reaching consensus with modern scalable best practice solutions, end-user experience and security in mind.
- Foster continuous improvement, innovation and be a bridge between digital & retail teams for building OMNI Channel systems and connect all retail systems with other supply chain execution platforms.
- Establish a strong working relationship with cross functional groups and external vendors. Monitor to make sure the external vendors are accountable towards their SLAs.
- Nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, proactive monitoring, and engineering efficiency.
- 4+ years of experience as an Architect / Lead implementing Retail Applications.
- 8+ years of well-rounded software development experience.
- Have worked on implementations to roll out a brand new or enhancing existing implementations of POS applications.
- Experience with Spring Framework / Java based development.
- Strong leadership, communication, consulting and influencing skills.
You would be an ideal candidate if:
- You have Native mobile development experience with iOS.
- You bring in deep technical experience designing and architecting retail solutions.
- You have spent a good amount of time understanding the pain points of Retail Stores from the operational perspective.
- You have the working knowledge of ERP technologies like SAP, golden record solutions like Dell Boomi and other supply chain management solutions.
- You always set the bar high when it comes to customer experience, satisfaction and you obsess about it.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.