You will be a frontend engineer on the team that creates and expands Peloton’s e-commerce presence on the web. You and your team will be working to build rich user experiences performantly and at scale, for our web users.
We’re looking for a motivated software engineer to develop and implement the next generation of Peloton’s products into our ecommerce web application and platform. You will be working with your team and collaborating with design to bring to life delightful and engaging user interfaces.
- Work within an agile development environment with peer engineers, designers, and product managers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Work with tools like Typescript, React, styled-components, storybook
- Work closely with our design team to deliver composable and scalable React components
- Contribute to Peloton’s design system by building out and refining reusable UI elements
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on cultivating engineer growth and learning
- Be a part of the team working to bring scalability and reusability to the design and component creation
- 2+ years web development experience
- Experience partnering with designers to implement designs in code
- Experience building pages for the web while maintaining and testing for web accessibility and performance
- Experience building composable and portable React components for enterprise level applications
- Has a passion for building consumer-facing websites
- Is passionate about keeping up with best practices and web standards
- Is familiar with common web performance metrics and with the tools used to identify, benchmark, and resolve performance-related issues in web applications
- Motivated to keep up to date with the latest front end packages and frameworks
- Has built web applications with responsive design in mind and embraces a mobile first methodology
- Has experience working on an ecommerce product
- Confident when styling UI elements with CSS and using CSS in JS
- Is familiar with common analytics and A/B testing tools
- Experience in Unit Testing/Test Driven Development
- Has an agile mindset that embraces iterative design
- Has worked with a headless CMS, like Contentful, GraphCMS, or similar
- Has a working knowledge of GraphQL
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.