The opportunity around Peloton Connected Devices is significant and growing - there are already more connected things than people in the world. These devices, ranging from tiny sensor based devices to powerful devices such as Bikes, Treadmills, and future large scale products that will/have a profound impact on our daily lives; from how we live, how we work out and how we connect with our Community of devices. The Hardware Engineering Team is working on creating the next generation of Connected Fitness devices across a wide range of form factors by introducing new device types and technologies and to enable new application scenarios, provide in-depth business insights, ensure product safety and safeguard the security and privacy of our Customers.
We are seeking a knowledgeable, experienced, hands-on, and customer obsessed Sr. Product Safety Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented and proactive individual, with a proven track record of ensuring that innovative hardware products are safe beyond industry standards and agency assessments, without sacrificing cutting edge functionality or design. This position is based in our New HQ in NYC, but the Lab infrastructure resides in Secaucus, NJ with occasional international travel, and is responsible for:
- Guiding the development teams and ensuring designs meet all applicable internal safety specifications and processes.
- Accurately predicting how products will be used/could be misused and identifying Safety-Critical components and systems associated with those predictions.
- Contributing to product design reviews by identifying safety hazards and proposing measures to effectively eliminate or mitigate them.
- Collaborating with manufacturing stakeholders to identify, implement and control Safety-Critical steps in the factory processes and to maintain them during mass production.
- Working across multidisciplinary and multiregional teams to deliver hazard analyses and risk assessments on time.
- Plan and conduct appropriate component, sub-assembly, and assembly test protocols to effectively support a product safety assessment.
- Represent Product Safety in DFMEA/PFMEA/SFMEA sessions and provide guidance in risk evaluation.
- Participate in the change management process by reviewing proposed changes for any safety implications.
- Prepare presentations summarizing product safety coverage and risks for project gate reviews.
- A minimum of 10 years of engineering experience in consumer or commercial electronics product development.
- Experience in Human Factors Engineering, Quality, Integrity, Manufacturing or Reliability.
- Familiarity with the product safety regulatory system and international product safety standards.
- Deep working knowledge of hazard analysis and risk assessment methodologies and processes, applying tools like FMEA and FTA.
- Knowledge of various product designs, safety, and failure analysis.
- Hands-on experience performing testing and measurements at an electronics lab and working with prototypes.
- Deep working knowledge of failure analysis.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial)
- Demonstrate a growth mindset.
- Skilled in analyzing and organizing complex data.
- Proven experience in project management and product development.
- Experience working with Engineering Teams to evaluate early designs for product safety.
- Experience working with manufacturers (ODM & CM) and suppliers in the consumer products or consumer electronics segments.
- Experience conducting supplier and manufacturing audits as needed.
- Knowledge in Product Quality Dfx, Design for Six Sigma, or comparable statistical modeling and analysis methodology
- Understanding how to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully and effectively.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to work across multi-functional and multi-disciplinary teams.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.