Peloton is seeking a Director, UX Design to drive the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Applications, as well as the development of future Peloton products.
This role sits on the UX Design team within the Product Design Software & User Research team and reports to the VP, Product Design & User Research.
The Director, UX Design works cross-functionally with other teams - including but not limited to UI Design, Product Design Ops, User Research, UX Prototype Engineering, Product Management, Industrial Design, Content, and Engineering.
Alongside other managers, this role leads the UX Design team that defines how large-scale, complex feature sets on our Engagement Products function, and how users interact with these experiences to accomplish their goals. These products include the Peloton Bike/Bike+, the Peloton Tread/Tread+ and the Peloton Digital App – as well as any end-user facing products and platforms Peloton develops in the future.
This role will foster a deep understanding of how our existing experiences function and Peloton’s cross-platform design patterns to efficiently drive the creation of usable and engaging interactions while ensuring consistency and holism in the design of our software products.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Manage a subset of the UX Design Team (with roughly 3-7 direct reports)
- Provide mentorship and help develop members of the UX Design team.
- Develop a plan for career pathing and development for team members.
- Work to unblock UX Design team members and provide support in removing impediments and distractions.
- Drive the quality and efficiency of UX Design on a subset of product workstreams.
- Give feedback to UX Designers at various project stages in design reviews, team critiques, and 1:1s.
- Help guide UX Designers’ near and long-term planning of projects, and guide the design process.
- Ensure that Peloton’s features are designed with accessibility and inclusion top of mind; and embed this approach into our design process for scale
- Evangelize the importance of quality UX execution and allocates sufficient resources and time towards the design process.
- Provide complimentary design feedback alongside UI Design leads (that focus primarily on visual aesthetics, design system consistency, brand, and interaction design.)
- Balance resources between your supervised workstreams as needed, and work with other team leads determining overall allocation based on strategic needs.
- Work with senior members of the UX Design team to build, evolve, and document Peloton’s UX Design processes, including standards around accessibility, internationalization.
- Works with other UX Design leadership to develop the team’s brand in and outside of Peloton.
- Work with Peloton’s Product Engineering team to improve the interplay between design and engineering execution on specific workstreams assigned.
- Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through experiences to accomplish their goals.
- Process driven, but flexible to unique scenarios, projects, and personnel.
- Incredible attention to detail and meticulous organization.
- Continually looking to optimize and improve UX design output.
- Balances direction with empowerment.
- Has a user-centered approach to product design.
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Able to produce clear and descriptive documentation for implementation targeted to a variety of cross-functional roles.
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time.
- Has a collaborative, low-ego approach to working with others.
- Can lead team members with a variety of working styles
- Quickly adapts to unexpected changes in scale, priorities, and pace.
- Experienced in managing, recruiting and growing a UX Design team.
- Experience in designing for accessibility and inclusivity.
- Experienced in working with user researchers, UI designers, engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution.
- 6+ years of experience in UX/Product Design including:
- Recent experience in a product development setting within a consumer tech and software company.
- Executed and/or management UX design on software products with complex, multi-user, multi-platform flows.
- 4+ years managing UX Design teams.
- A portfolio of relevant UX Design work or case studies, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to deliver highly usable and deep experiences consistently across numerous platforms.
- As a bonus: Experience managing a UX Design team that completed projects on the following...
- Integrated hardware/software consumer products.
- Content/media–based products
- Localized products across international markets.
- Mixed-interaction software applications (touch, remote, mouse and keyboard) and mixed-platform and screen sizes.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.