About the role: The lead Electro Mechanicals commodities manager (director-level) is the domain and technical expert in the mechanical commodities space for Peloton Interactive, including metals, power supply, motors, power absorbers, batteries, motor control boards, PCBAs, braking systems, cameras, lenses, and magnets. He/she will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. This director-level role will be responsible for developing new suppliers and new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency or quality. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and project agreements are accurate and well established prior to pipelining.
- Act as the sourcing leader in the electronics commodities space.
- Develop strategic roadmaps linking to his/her relevant commodities, which include scanning and developing new suppliers for potential incorporation into new/existing products.
- Drive advanced sourcing efforts across key electronics areas, partnering closely with software, system, electrical, and other key engineering & technology disciplines.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation and resolve problems, and advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide strong technical direction within the specific commodities, by evaluating and guiding product strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage and lead the operations effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Develop & execute commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of project, which include fixed and variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, etc.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
- Own the supplier performance management of his/her respective commodities, which includes key delivery, quality, cost, and innovation metrics.
- Act as the primary escalation for his/her respective commodity
- Proven leadership in driving and influencing other teams to a common goal.
- 15+ years of experience in sourcing, engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Domain expertise may include - power supply, motors, power absorbers, batteries, motor control boards, PCBAs, braking systems, cameras, lenses, and magnets.
- Previous experience collaborating with Asian suppliers in the above related core competencies
- Previously managed in excess of $500M in his/her commodities spend.
- Strategic thinker, experienced putting together commodities strategy/roadmap with key engineering stakeholders.
- Significant background with component demand-supply cycles with varied approaches in partnering with suppliers to ensure high demand-supply alignment in a volatile environment.
- Well-versed in TCO analysis to ensure data-driven analytics tied to component and supplier selection, in a product-based ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.