Director Procurement Technology & Engineering
New York / Plano
About the role: This role will be accountable for building strong relationships with senior business, Technology, IT leaders and partnering with them to establish a cohesive supplier portfolio and spend category strategies based on business needs, market segmentation assessments, supplier spend and concentration analyses, and total cost modeling across business units and regions for all our Technology and IT purchases to enable timely and cost-effective growth of our business. This role will manage a small team of Category Managers.
The Director of Technology and Engineering Category Management will be responsible for all aspects of the Source-to-Contract process, including identifying business requirements and specifications, developing and executing sourcing strategies, conducting cost evaluations, managing RFx, and leading contract negotiations for all Technology purchasing (Hardware, Software, Data Center, Cloud Services, Networking, Telecommunication and Voice).
- Optimize spend for all Technology and IT purchasing
- Identify business requirements and specifications for Technology and IT spend in close partnership with business users
- Ability to focus on innovation and creativity and influence at all levels plus an executive presence and strong leadership in order to attain buy-in from key stakeholders and relationship owners.
- Must be able to actively research and pursue new and cutting-edge vendors, build relationships, and make contacts.
- Develop and adapt procurement strategies based upon continuous monitoring and forecasting of impacting variable market conditions
- Ensure the identification of a qualified supply base
- Identify emerging market trends and industry best practices for Cloud based and IT spend categories
- Build and develop Software Review Committee as a cross functional group across procurement, business, and Technology
- Develop go to market sourcing strategies for spend under management
- Lead negotiations with Technology and IT suppliers
- Build strong and lasting relationships with business partners, other internal stakeholders, and the associated supplier base
- Develop long term strategies to ensure supplier sustainability and continuity
- Conduct supplier segmentation based on supplier/spend type, supplier performance, supplier/buyer dependency, and willingness to partner
- Conduct supplier spend and concentration analysis leveraging Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Portfolio modeling
- Establish IT supplier governance and performance management
- Identify and establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to monitor performance with suppliers
- Highly experienced individual with expertise for both goods and services +5 years experience
- Strong understanding of end‑to‑end Procurement processes, with deep knowledge of the Source‑to‑Contract process
- Strong relationships with Cloud based providers, Technology Hardware and software suppliers
- Deep understanding of the Cloud industry (AWS, Datadog, Cloudflare, etc)
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Effective negotiator with strong track record of driving maximum financial and operational efficiencies
- Well versed in SaaS and Cloud based contracts, RFx processes, licensing, SLA management, and compliance governance
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships, set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Highly results-oriented with a successful record of accomplishments
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; Ability to understand and clearly communicate complex topics
- Flexibility to respond to evolving requirements and dynamic priorities in a fast-paced project environment
- Ability to successfully work on multiple tasks simultaneously while interacting professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Deep understanding of discounts/ average unit costs for big technology products
- BA/BS required, MS/MA/MBA preferred
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.