Peloton’s newly-formed team for Differentiated Development is leading the charge in building the University@Peloton - an internal program aimed at increasing access and support for higher education, advancing diversity, equity and inclusion, and fostering socially responsible company scale and growth. The mission of the University@Peloton is to join the power of resources and education to dismantle systemic barriers to progress by empowering team members to create the future of their dreams.
We are seeking a Senior Director to co-lead the University@Peloton across three vertical workstreams. The three vertical workstreams are (1) The Accelerated Sprint - a 1 year bootcamp and experiential learning program designed to re-skill hourly team members for salaried career roles; (2) The College Run - a college attainment program for our hourly team members who desire college degrees; and (3) The Community Flow - a pipeline program to place opportunity groups from the community into the hourly roles vacated by University@Peloton program graduates. The ideal Senior Director candidate brings extensive experience in workforce planning and development in a high growth environment, encompassing specific experience developing the hourly workforce. This candidate possesses strong skills in and experience with strategic program design, collective impact partnerships, workforce projections and planning, career pathways, cross-functional communication and partnerships. Most importantly, this candidate should be driven to create new systems of equity and support that make possible what previously seemed impossible.
Reporting to the Vice President of University @ Peloton, Executive Development, Coaching + Mentoring, the Senior Director will work internally with teams across the Peloton to design systems to recruit University@Peloton participants, guide them through the program with mentorship and cohort support, and guide them through job placement into salaried, career roles within Peloton or externally. This individual will work externally with university partners and third-party learning platforms to craft learning tracks and support services for our team members from admission through program completion. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have 10+ years experience in the workforce planning and development space, and strive to stay on the forefront of innovative learning and development practices.
Because all learning programs are relatively new at Peloton, the Senior Director, University@Peloton will partner closely with the global learning team and other differentiated development initiatives to build a cohesive, holistic, scalable learning community that serves the growth and development of our team members. Responsibilities include:
- Set global strategy and objectives while ensuring alignment with the U@P and Peloton Pledge objectives, vision, and values. Influence internal stakeholders/leaders in the role they play as it relates to the overall strategy and program
- Identifying and partnering with universities and third party platforms to create end-to-end learning pathways for our hourly team members.
- Partnering closely with business leaders and the Talent Acquisition team to ensure that University@Peloton’s learning pathways align with Peloton’s top areas for hiring
- Partner closely with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, and business leaders to craft workforce planning solutions aimed at recruiting, developing, and placing Peloton hourly team members into salaried career roles
- Work with university partners and other relevant stakeholders to craft admissions pathways and financial aid packages that increase access to a 4-year degree while eliminating financial barriers for team members.
- Work with DEI team to ensure an equitable admissions process for the Accelerated Sprint bootcamp program
- Work with leaders of predominantly hourly teams to proactively market the University@Peloton programs and recruit participants through transparent communication, support, and counseling
- Drive the assimilation of new team members entering corporate Peloton roles through focused partnerships
- Work closely with the University@Peloton team and other stakeholders from the Social Impact, Talent Acquisition, DE&I, and L&D teams to ensure cohesive workstream flow, goal alignment and global impact. Provide global connected leadership to ensure programmatic success
- Successfully launch 2 cohorts per year for both the Accelerated Sprint and College Run verticals, including leading in-person residency weeks and regular cohort connection points throughout the cycle.
- Design systems of measurement for program success and report to senior leadership quarterly. Leverage data and analytics in the development of success metrics and long term goals.
- Ensure that the University@Peloton verticals work together to achieve the Global Peloton Pledge vision of dismantling systemic barriers to racial equity internally and create channels of impact externally.
- Work closely with Mentoring and L&D leadership in establishing support mechanisms to support high standards across the program, ensure team member success and facilitate a valuable experience.
- Ensure EVP components are threaded through the various work streams and bring Peloton Mission and Values to life.
- 10+ years and specific experience with workforce planning and development programs in a high growth environment. Tech environment preferred.
- Strong skills and experience in strategic program design, collective impact partnerships, curriculum development, cohort design, career pathways, and communication.
- Deep passion and drive to create new systems of equity and support that make possible what previously seemed impossible.
- Expertise designing and implementing from the ground up a variety of learning programs and creating supporting processes including intake, admissions, pathways, exmissions, program documentation, and program objectives.
- Additional or complimentary experience managing large-scale programs focused on learning and development, human capital, workforce planning, or similar people programs.
- Ability to analyze data and information from a variety of sources to adapt program components to achieve continuous improvement and greater opportunity, with the ability to be data informed and human-driven.
- Experience managing a growing team of program managers, content creators, counseling or similar advisory services.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to build a warm, inclusive team environment that aligns with Peloton’s core value, Together We Go Far.
- Must be willing to roll up the sleeves and get deep into the work as we build and launch programs.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.