Peloton’s Platform team is seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to drive planning, project execution, and development of key initiatives. You will be relentless in getting things done and have a passion for delivering outcomes with a strong track record of success. As a member of the Peloton's Platform team, you will be advancing our mission of enabling all of Peloton engineers ship faster and scale safely, with minimal toil.
This is especially important given the hyper-growth of R&D across all engineering disciplines (firmware, mobile, web, backend, data, and machine learning). As a TPM for Platform, you will have the opportunity to work across many domains: developer experience, testing and performance, core infrastructure, reliability engineering, and more. You will be a key part of many exciting projects, ranging from helping us move to a microservices architecture to implementing best-in-class offering in database-as-a-service, service meshes, and API gateways. You will have the opportunity to also support our emerging work in open source and tech learning.
What you’ll do
- Partner closely with various Engineering teams to define, plan and execute complex cross functional technical programs
- Be the glue that helps the team get things done including utilizing agile best practices, running meetings and gathering requirements, and coordinating larger planning activities across our teams.
- Help organize projects by creating project plans, identifying constraints, providing mitigation plans, and reporting status to key stakeholders.
- Coordinate across team lines to manage, track and deliver outcomes for our teams while managing trade-offs.
- Provide visibility by holding the responsibility for regular reporting to key stakeholders on project and program status
- Engage in service capacity planning, demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning with our engineers.
- Help track and improve reliability by analyzing incidents and failure as part of a continual improvement process across our engineering organization.
What you bring
- 4+ years of technical program management experience working closely with engineering teams
- Deep technical knowledge with strong program management skills
- Experience working with large distributed systems and infrastructure in critical production service environments
- Ability to manage multiple programs and priorities at the same time while ensuring optimal outcomes
- Experience managing major incidents and post-incident reviews
- Experience in event/incident/problem/change management
- Experience with collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with tools and best practices around developer tools, core infrastructure, or data
- Platform-thinking and a customer-centric mindset
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.