We are looking for experienced full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team.
As a full-stack software engineer on the e-commerce Order Experience team, you will work on multiple platforms responsible for supporting a simple and intuitive interface for Members to manage their own Order Experience.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than working in isolation.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, to promote simplicity, and working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our product managers and stakeholders.
- Partner with our SRE and infrastructure teams to scale and monitor our services.
- You have four or five years of software development experience.
- You are passionate about technology, new ideas and always willing to learn new things
- You have love for clean, elegant code.
- You have an understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- You have an understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- You have an understanding of observability.
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented design principles and can express that understanding in code
- You are familiar with at least one backend framework like Spring (current stack), Django, Rails, or similar
- You can work in high growth, fast-paced environments and can adapt to change
- You have an expert understanding of industry best practices and standards
- You have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- You have an acute attention to detail and dedication to quality
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience working within e-commerce or user-facing customer experiences
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have tried Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- You have experience with or knowledge of functional programming design principles
- Have experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS, and Event Sourcing.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business stakeholders to understand the problem space better.
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization and localization.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.