Peloton is seeking a Lead Product Designer to help us create simple, elegant, and intuitive experiences on our most complex feature sets on multiple workstreams across our products. These products include the Peloton Bike/Bike+, the Peloton Tread/Tread+ and the Peloton Digital App (for web, mobile, TV) – as well as other member platforms Peloton develops in the future.
Our Lead Product Designers are asked to design for complex and functionality-dense interfaces across various ecosystems, working across a vast array of interaction patterns and screen sizes. They design in non-linear terms: capturing interactions, edge-cases, and the various states of these experiences through deliverables such as user flows, product maps, wireframes, storyboards, and prototypes. They should be comfortable with an agile approach to design, rapidly iterating on both the UI and UX of their focus area.
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll partner closely with product managers, user researchers, engineers, project managers, and other designers to bring features to life across Peloton platforms.
This role is focused on both the “how” our features function as well as the visual and interactive details of our user interface design. You’ll be iteratively designing how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s digital interfaces “look”, “feel” and “work”.
Successful candidates are self-motivated, highly collaborative, proactive project owners, readily open to feedback and critique. They quickly output ideas (and are ready to toss out most of them), eager to iterate in an interdisciplinary setting.
Note: Please ensure you include a link to a live portfolio or a downloadable PDF of work samples in your application. It’ll be our first introduction to your user-centered product design experience and visual/interaction design skills.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead UX and UI for a range of projects across multiple strategic workstreams, designing for our most complex feature sets.
- Work in close partnership with the Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Create detailed user flows, product maps, wireframes, etc., communicating UX clearly to relevant teams.
- Prototype user experiences and work with UX Research to coordinate and run tests with end users.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Work with reverence for Peloton’s design system and ensure your work is visually consistent within Peloton’s cross-platform UI, while continually working to enhance and expand the system.
- Capture all states, edge-cases, “unhappy paths” and path logic for engineering teams to build out.
- Design with engineering implementation and cross-platform consistency in mind.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion.
- Execute UI from exploration/concept to final “pixel perfect” hand-off to dev .
- QA developed software for visual accuracy, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions until product launch.
- Has 6+ Years of Software product Design experience at consumer-focused technology companies.
- Strong interface and interaction design skills.
- Highly attentive to detail and ability to conceptualize multi-state, multi-path interaction systems and to consistently capture edge-cases.
- Strong User Experience, Testing, Research and Information Architecture skills
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Iterative approach to product design, ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Cognitive awareness of wider business goals, delivering intuitive and user-centered design solutions.
- Focused and dedicated to how software products “function” and how users move through the experience to accomplish their goals.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- Familiarity with the design systems, interaction patterns, and limitations of cross functional platforms - specifically Android, iOS, and web apps.
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, InVision, Principle and other design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working closely with engineers in an agile product development process.
- Experience working with and contributing to UI design libraries and style guides
- Bonus: Previously designed for interactive game or content experiences
- Bonus: Designed experiences on larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.