Senior Operations Program Manager
The Senior Operations Program Manager will be the primary Operations interface to the core product development teams and other functional organizations within Peloton. It is the responsibility of the OPM to keep the Operations team updated on program developments that may impact Operations and to keep the Core Team integrated with the work of the Operations team.
OPMs must have a strong technical understanding of their products and have experience influencing key design and architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets and key Operations KPIs. The OPM will own their program from early architecture, program launch and end of life. This role requires close collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, Industrial Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other Operations teams to bring an Operational mindset to product development. The OPM will also own all Operational aspects of product launch including CAPEX budgeting, BoM cost, factory readiness and weekly New Product Review meetings with Leadership.
- Assesses, analyzes, consolidates, and communicates risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Actively participate in HW Engineering design discussions and steer solutions to align with market fit/expectations while hitting aggressive cost targets.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering and the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product and commodity level for your project.
- Challenge HW teams at a technical level to run DOEs to enable cost down efforts from a technology standpoint.
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, and availability goals.
- Lead ramp availability including CTB reporting with Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Engineering and other internal and external teams.
- Drive Operations team to ensure security, materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training and documentation plans are in place at our partners.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators and Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture and design locks and according to PDP timeline.
- Work in tandem with Product Managers to drive aggressive product cost targets and track product cost through development.
- Drive Operations team for factory readiness with manufacturing partners to support NPI builds and MP (line layout, automation, capacity, capex, etc.).
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety and compliance, and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with Strategic Sourcing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Technical Operations, Manufacturing and Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics or equivalent fast paced industry
- Knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management and teamwork experience
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical and communication experience
- Master’s degree, MBA
- 10+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics and/or fitness products, managing JDM’s with different models of engagement
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact plagiarize
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.