The procurement engineer supports the strategic cost management of select Peloton’s products and accessories, ensuring bottoms-up cost adherence to the specified cost target across their lifecycles. Some other key activities may include the management of the total cost of ownership (TCO) throughout the lifecycle, including the engineering & optimization of the supply chain network, product development program SPOR, including 2x sourcing activities, as well as complexity reduction, component phase-in/phase-out roadmap, and end-to-end supplier process improvements
- Improve the company’s product cost competitiveness through the product lifecycle.
- Partner with suppliers and engineering in optimized component selection and design via value engineering activities such as:
- competitive teardowns/reverse engineering
- should cost/clean sheet models
- concept scoping
- spider mapping/feature tradeoff analysis.
- Supports the development of value engineering, cost engineering, and DfX certification programs to educate & train product development personnel with Peloton to develop & sustain products from a total cost of ownership (TCO) perspective.
- Own all associated cost engineering activities to converge the bottoms-up cost curve to product cost, maximizing the total cost of ownership across the product lifecycle
- Conduct value-stream mapping exercises to optimize supply network lead time, total cost, and network flexibility.
- Lead cross functional DfX activities, including cost, quality, supply chain, manufacturing, and serviceability
- Drive the sourcing SPOR (supplier plan of record), ensure components are sourced by commodity mgmt. and JDM/ODM on time, on cost, and on spec.
- Manage the CAPEX throughout NPI, leveraging necessary cost engineering activities to ensure best-in-class cost
- Complete the BOM risk assessment analysis, include the need for alternate component sourcing, supply chain risks, etc.
- Reduce complexity across products & platforms, including SKU rationalization, component commonality, supplier rationalization
- Total of 10+ experience with minimum of 5+ years of experience, ideally with backgrounds:
- designing & developing either electronics and/or mechanical devices
- advanced sourcing activities, including stints as commodity/sourcing managers
- Experience in product-based value engineering, cost engineering, and TCO-related work at both a component & a product level.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree or MBA strongly preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.