The Enterprise Data team, part of the broader CIO organization, is looking for a proactive and collaborative self-starter to support the team’s mission to drive and implement the enterprise data governance strategy across Peloton. The primary goal of this role is to drive strategy, execution, and ongoing oversight of data governance projects and standards that support the growth and scalability of Peloton. You will need to interact with multiple stakeholders across the organization to align on a consistent data model, scope, requirements and accountability.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding business systems team in a high-growth global organization that is open to innovative ideas. You will have the opportunity to design, build and implement best practice data management standards including creating partnerships, enhancing and managing data traceability and end user tools needed for managing the many product offerings of Peloton.
Who you are:
- You have the ability to analyze business problems and develop both long-term sustainable solutions and also quick tactical solutions;
- You can articulate complex concepts in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders;
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills;
- You are a proactive problem solver, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity;
- You value the different strengths of your team, and have the ability to motivate, develop, mentor and coach;
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution;
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions;
- You empower and inspire your colleagues to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Together we can”; and
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore.
- 10+ years of prior work experience standing-up data governance frameworks or related data-driven role
- Understanding of data stewardship and governance practices needed to support a data-driven culture. You have the ability to break these practices into clear and concise activities and articulate business value against each
- Collaborate with data teams across business lines to deliver on the enterprise needs and priorities, ensure consistent practices, and create common processes for data lineage, metadata, master/reference data, and data quality reporting
- Extensive change management experience across all levels to engage with stakeholders across business lines and drive alignment on the critical data governance requirements and prioritizing accordingly
- Ability to translate business goals and challenges into data strategy initiatives with actionable outcomes
- Capable of leading, influencing, and motivating colleagues without formal authority
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience with data management and reporting tools including Boomi MDH, Informatica, Redshift and Tableau
- Comfortable with delivering complex solutions with a high level of accuracy in tight timeframes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SQL language proficiency with at least one of the common database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and/or DB2 database management systems
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Retail or manufacturing experience
- Agile (SCRUM) experience
- Experience managing third-party vendor or consulting resources
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.