Director - Supplier Risk Management
New York / Plano
About the role: This role will be responsible for working with the sourcing leaders and their teams to improve supplier risk, performance, and collaboration across the business. This position provides leadership in supplier risk and development in a manner that emphasizes supporting our production, distribution facilities and customers with a high performance and collaborative supply base.
- Identify and implement supplier risk management process and tools to support corporate objectives and the organization’s need for a diverse and high performance supply base
- Implement an overall risk management strategy for third-party suppliers, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Provide meaningful periodic reporting for all in-scope supplier-related risk
- Function as expert for this essential space and build supplier risk awareness within and outside of Procurement
- Strengthen vendor vetting and assessment at initial onboarding and at renewal
- Monitor vendor financial health, concentration risk, diversity statuses and certifications, reputational risk , COI collection and monitoring
- Document and improve supplier quality, delivery, and service levels
- Develop creative approaches to training to further empower and prepare Procurement team members to ensure supplier risk and performance management controls into the supplier selection and contracting process
- Develop collaborative relationships and partnerships with category managers, line of business leaders, and key stakeholders in, Legal, Risk, Privacy, Information Security and IT
- Share ownership and accountability with important partners for driving and delivering results
- An expectation of 10+ years’ relevant experience in global supplier development.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field an advantage. A combination of education and relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of a relevant degree.
- Excels at multi-tasking and have demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team player
- Exemplary analytical, and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper sourcing and supplier opportunities
- Desirable but not required additional certification include: Certified Professional Purchaser (CPP); Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM); Certified Supply Chain Manager (CSCM); and/or Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.