Category Manager, Procurement - Technology & Engineering
Location: New York, NY
Peloton is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Procurement Manager to join our growing Indirect & Operations Procurement team. Based in our New York City headquarters, you will be responsible for building and executing category strategies with a focus in IT & Engineering spend. Lead the team in pro-active development of category strategies for the teams, translate strategy into objectives/action plans & drive execution of the objectives for assigned categories aligned with the business/sourcing strategy & corporate goals. Must be results-driven about business cost reduction, revenue increasing initiatives, aggregating supplier volume/reducing price, & identifying new opportunities. Work closely with team leads, budget owners, and leadership throughout the Enterprise Technology and Engineering teams.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and implement category opportunities
- Create and implement full Category Strategies for IT including should cost modeling
- Lead sourcing efforts in an array of spend areas such as hardware, software (SaaS), hosting, cloud services, and other related subcategories
- As an IT & Engineering Procurement subject matter expert, support go-to-market strategies, supplier identification and budget planning
- Support the scaling Peloton’s capabilities by identifying opportunities for efficiencies and operational improvements
- Consistently interact with key stakeholders (i.e. finance, budget owners) and communicate of any change in contracted terms that impacts cost
- Lead on-going spend analysis efforts
- Develop suppliers as strategic partners. Support on-going performance reviews. Partner with internal teams to ensure due diligence and compliance
- Identify opportunities for cash flow optimizations with Treasury and Financial Systems Team partners
- Effectively lead/project manage cross-functional teams through RFP process including requirements definition, bid/negotiations, contract documentation & integration ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained
- Support Procurement team reporting and supplier diversity efforts
- 5+ Years’ experience with sourcing, including supplier relationship management and performance monitoring. 3+ years specific to IT & Engineering Procurement including hardware and software (Saas)
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills. Strong Microsoft Excel skills and ability to synthesize and clearly summarize data. Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau) is also a plus
- Ability to operate at multiple altitudes and support other indirect categories as needed
- Operating experience with procure-to-pay tools; Coupa experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of procurement and IT/Engineering best practices, strong critical thinking and analytical ability, and process orientation in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems. Highly skilled in negotiation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable with presenting to groups, leading projects, and operating in matrixed teams
- Ability to operate independently in a changing and fast-paced environment. You should have the ability to juggle multiple projects at various phases
- Act as a self-starter and team player and hold a customer-first mindset
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.