Peloton is searching for a Manager, Plant Material Flow/Engineering to lead and drive the creation and rollout of a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. The Manager will develop & lead a plant team that will drive development and execution of Peloton’s material strategy. The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers and implement material delivery systems & processes representative of World Class Manufacturing Logistic Customer Service (LCS) practices. The team will perform detailed analysis (process simulations, material flow, cost, capacity, manpower), manage project timelines, launch, production and continuous improvement activities. This role will be a key support to the Director of Plant Materials. This leader will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Lead a team of Peloton engineers in a fast-paced environment, establishing a standard of excellence for material movement and workplace part presentation
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop team members; execute performance feedback reviews and goal setting/KPI exercises, and career development
- Lead development of materials engineering strategy, road mapping, metrics and KPI’s
- Drive material operations standard work, specifications, cost savings, sustainability, and flawless project execution
- Lead Material Flow Engineering (MFE) New Model Program planning, design and support implementation for assigned plant/ programs
- Develop structured processes for eliminating Logistics NVAA. Use and knowledge of WCM methodology is a plus
- Lead engineering innovation and new technology discovery explorations. Understand industry trends, methods, and tools to advance Peloton’s material engineering capabilities
- Ensure all material handling (MH) equipment is delivered on time to support program timing including forecasting costs, developing equipment specifications and procuring the equipment
- Identify, qualify, develop strategic partnerships; identifying key vendors and building technical relationships, ensuring expectation are clear, processes are robust, repeatable, and controlled
- Drive project timelines, budgets, and communication within a cross-functional organization
- Lead supplier benchmarking and scorecard activity to ensure Peloton partners with best-in-class suppliers
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, providing leadership and expertise
- Ensure material flow, material layouts, internal route designs and manpower allocations are optimized and support lean strategy
- Manage new model planning data bases such as PFEP (plan for every part) including interface with packaging approval process
- Develop component classification and proper delivery of components, leveraging smart application of kitting, min/max, autonomous vehicles, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Industrial); Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years Engineering experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of experience in a people management role
- History of success of building high-performing teams; Excellent communication skills, motivator, team builder
- Experience in Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, material flow, equipment installs & startup, production ramp
- Experience working with global OEM’s & vendors in NA, Europe, and Asia
- Experience in WCM LCS &WO & other methodology a plus
- Experience with MES, MRP, ERP systems is a plus; SAP preferred
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products manufacturing a plus
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: A3, DOE, ATS, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen, etc.
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, distribution, and logistics
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading large manufacturing capital projects
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.