Director Procurement Logistics
New York / Plano
About the role: This individual manages the overall direction, process and spend associated with Peloton’s purchases from logistics and warehouse providers globally. Lead the team in pro-active development of a sourcing strategy and translate strategy into objectives/action plans & drive execution of the objectives for assigned modes aligned with the business/sourcing strategy & corporate goals. Must be results-driven about business cost reduction, revenue increasing initiatives, aggregating supplier volume/reducing price, & utilizing tools/identifying opportunities for increasing capacity & driving controllership. Work closely with the regional executional/operational transportation teams.
- Actively support the development of sourcing strategies leveraging Peloton global spend where possible, translate strategy into objectives/action plans & drive execution of the objectives for logistics and warehousing aligned with the business/sourcing strategy & corporate goals.
- Results-driven about business cost reduction, revenue increasing initiatives, aggregating supplier volume/reducing price.
- Optimize total direct and indirect logistic and warehousing costs for the business while collaborating with Supply Chain and Operations stakeholders and key partners.
- Manage the commercial relationships for reverse logistics with the external partners.
- Manage negotiations for all logistics related functions including facilitating annual/mini bid/spot buy common carrier RFQ’s, as well and other RFQ’s (i.e., 3PL/warehouse/distribution, freight forwarding, import/export, final mile) as needed.
- Facilitate contract management for all modes of transportation and other logistics related services.
- Responsible for commercial terms negotiations of price, terms, scope of services, etc.
- Ensure sourcing and other procurement activity is compliant with SOX and appropriate internal Peloton controls for segregation of duties and appropriate fiduciary controls.
- Develop and direct the execution of effective cost savings initiatives. Effective communication of cost savings initiatives through leadership participation and reporting.
- Responsible for Logistics provider Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) strategy, growth and development, where possible.
- Responsible for creation of the annual transportation commodity procurement strategy
- Conduct and manage logistics provider Quarterly Business Reviews for top providers.
- Create BBP freight rate metrics and drive gap closure within rate area.
- Aligns closely with trade compliance function to ensure providers are compliant with international trade laws and Peloton policies
- Full understanding of haz mat rules and regulations and potential business impacts
- Mentor, coach and develop direct reports and other Peloton members for future leadership. Develop a culture of empowerment with the team and prepare them for independent and competitive decision makers.
- Implement and monitor process improvements, training, and talent development. Develop ready next successor.
- 5+ years of experience in Procurement, Logistics, Transportation Management and/or Supply Chain Management.
- Relevant degree in Economics, business or technology. MBA in related field preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.