Peloton is searching for a Director Plant Engineering to lead and drive the creation and rollout of a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. The Director Plant Engineering will lead a manufacturing team & support operations across a 24 hour, three shift operation. This person will play a key leadership role within the overall facility operations, including hiring and leading a high-performing team with a focus on delivering world-class safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and sustainability results. This role will be a key support to the Vice President, Plant Operations. This leader will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values..
- Drive safety, quality, delivery, productivity and engagement of overall plant operations through effective leadership
- Coach all Pillar leads through the development and execution of the following World Class Manufacturing Pillars: EEM (Early Equipment Management) Pillar, EPM (Early Product Management), Workplace Organization (WO), FI (Focused Improvement) and Preventative Maintenance (PM). Or equivalent Lean methodology.
- Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs to improve productivity and capacity and prepare the necessary budgets and justifications for these projects.
- Support Operations and Procurement to drive Lean and continuous improvement both internally and externally through Supply Chain.
- Develop and lead the execution of the Engineering (Process, Industrial, and Controls), IT, Maintenance, and Facilities strategic initiatives in your area of responsibility.
- Help develop and implement the vision for the factory of the future. Oversee projects and investments in Facility Management and ensure legal compliance.
- Champion diversity and inclusion behaviors by proactively seeking and valuing all types of diversity and work to bring out the contributions of everyone.
- Build organizational capability through proactive coaching of your direct reports on skill-building and career development.
- Build relationships with the broader manufacturing organization and with Human Resources, Legal, Demand Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Proactively collaborate with peers in other manufacturing locations, global business teams, brand, channel/corporate technology, and finance organizations and leverage enterprise-wide expertise. Ability to provide feedback and coaching to all levels of the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement in the organizational, technical and business information processes/systems through lean/innovative thinking/ideas.
- Partner with product development teams to ensure the right technology and processes to support new products and to drive seamless product launches.
- Participate in product line rationalization and simplification discussions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of technical managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
- At least 15 years of manufacturing engineering experience, process development, project execution, Capital project management experience, and Operations experience
- At least 5 years at a Manager level leading salaried direct reports
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead operations in a matrixed organization
- Proven success driving lean principles and philosophies
- Experience driving World Class Manufacturing initiatives
- Competent on PC and mainframe applications related to responsibilities
- Confidence and willingness to take calculated risks, implement new ideas, drive for results and sustain change
- Demonstrated ability to provide an engaging work environment
- Champion for challenging existing practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflict to a resolution
- Effective management of priorities, expectations and accountabilities
- Proven record of attracting and developing talented people and effectively allocating and utilizing resources as needed
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.