*This position is eligible to have someone work from our offices in either the NYC, NY area or the Mountain View, CA area*
The Auth team builds and maintains a world-class authentication and authorization platform that enables the creation and continued access of millions of user accounts, as securely and seamlessly as possible. Becoming a registered user is a very important first step of our customer journey. As a team, we are constantly striving to enhance our Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) technologies, so that we can deliver pragmatic solutions designed to keep our user login and registration experience as frictionless, reliable, and secure as possible.
We are looking for a creative Senior Software Engineer with significant experience working in the authentication domain. You will build and refine our auth related features such as OAuth based API access, SSO, MFA, session management, device-flow login, geovalidation, bot protection and many more.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by those who are building authentication at Peloton, grow, and influence authentication principles of our product. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties!
What you’ll do
- Create and support highly scalable, performant and fault-tolerant systems
- Design intuitive, sustainable, and secure services for user authentication, authorization and data access
- Design intuitive and flexible data schemas to represent concepts of user identity and accounts
- Develop standards, libraries and processes that allow other teams to integrate with our platform smoothly and securely
- Provide expertise and recommendations on authentication related matters
- Improve and uphold our code quality through test automation, code reviews, and other best practices
- Collaborate with teammates and cross-functional partners to create requirements and translate them into pragmatic technical solutions
- Mentor engineers to level up the group's abilities
Who you are
- Solid experience in Authentication / authorization protocols and frameworks such as OAuth, OIDC, SSO, JWT, SAML, Session Management, etc.
- Significant experience with multithreaded / concurrent programming
- Developing gRPC/GraphQL/REST APIs with versioning strategy
- Formulating data models and schemas (Protobuf/JSON/SQL)
- Cloud-based (AWS/GCP) architecture and technologies at scale
- Container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes, Knative)
- 5+ years of experience writing distributed, high-volume services
- Ability to lead substantial features with a strong focus on non-functional requirements. (scalability, performance, monitoring, maintenance, security, usability and quality etc.)
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.