The Manufacturing Operations Supervisor works in a cross-functional warehouse/manufacturing environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of supervising assembly and other activities for Peloton’s world class products. This job is based in Perris, CA.
The Manufacturing Operations Supervisor works closely with the IBAS and facility operations manager, assembly technicians, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to build Peloton’s world-class products.
- Coach assembly technician Safety, and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work
- Support production improvement strategies relative to KPI
- Drive WCM and lean manufacturing methodology
- Support production and manpower planning activities. Lead daily headcount and absentee reporting and assembly station allocation.
- Assigns production tasks to team members taking account of production needs and individual capabilities
- Ensures production team station readiness (raw materials, tools, equipment – ensure the smooth running of production, SOP/WI audits, etc.)
- Use a variety of automation, hand tools, power tools, presses, fixtures, computers, gages, MES software, work instructions and test equipment
- Drive KPI’s Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, FPY/FTQ, inventory, scrap, and expense targets
- Participate in product tear downs for root cause failure analysis, DOE, 5Y, 8D, etc.
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Ensures technician adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedure
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- HS Diploma/AA/Training Certificate or equivalent professional experience (3+ years)
- Previous Manufacturing Supervisory Experience preferred
- Experience coaching, developing team members
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Safety and Quality experience preferred
- Consumer hardware/product assembly experience (preferred)
- Understanding of assembly processes and equipment
- Experience with mechanical/electro-mechanical assemblies
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings, etc.
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge Excel, Minitab; SPC preferred
This position requires domestic travel. Successful candidate must be willing to travel 5% or more as needed.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.