Peloton's Quality Team is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, and organized Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer to join them. The Senior Manufacturing Quality Engineer will be a quality representative working with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier teams, to expand Peloton’s manufacturing footprints across North America. The primary objective of this role will be to coordinate quality engineering activities like define, execute and track manufacturing quality and supplier quality requirements for new and current manufacturing projects. They will assist end-to-end quality engineering activities in ensuring successful project execution.
This individual must have strong technical ability, problem-solving skills, communication skills, and a hands-on approach to troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve issues on the factory floor. This individual works well with a cross-functional team to ensure compliance with customer requirements and engineering specifications while establishing site accountability of the quality system, product acceptance, and product quality.
This role will based out of our New York Headquarters, and it may require up to 20% domestic travel to Peloton's sites.
- Lead, support, and coordinate all manufacturing quality engineering activities for new and existing manufacturing & assembly facilities, serving as a quality project manager to lead efforts at manufacturing locations.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define proper quality engineering expectations and appropriate assurance techniques and methods to track them for all phases of a given project.
- Document and communicate project success, risk, and mitigation plan during the phase gates.
- Assist in designing and developing necessary SOP, fixtures, tooling, and test equipment to improve the component and finished product inspection.
- Lead, and document the quality effort for the manufacturing processes, analyzing Field Failure, Customer Acceptance Audit failure, First Pass Yield failure, and Non-conformance to meet the quality metrics.
- Facilitate corrective action and drive preventive actions based on root cause analysis of components, assemblies, and finished product’s problems using different problem-solving methodologies like 8D, Kaizen, DMAIC, 5 WHY, Cause and effect diagram, etc.
- Track, maintain and report quality KPIs and Metrics for a given project to measure success.
- Perform process and product audits to ensure product quality and SOP conformance, identify areas of improvement, and drive them to completion to ensure that consistent, high-quality product is delivered for a given project.
- Develop, review, and approve assembly procedures, rework/repair procedures, change notices, and other related quality system documentation.
- Develop, improve, document, and assists in the deployment of a quality system within the Peloton organization
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Area of focus in mechanical engineering, Industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, or another technical discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of manufacturing, quality, NPI, or operations.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in executing projects independently.
- Experience in a hands-on, fast-paced, consumer-facing manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize Six Sigma tools (PFMEAs, Gauge R&R, Capability Analysis, Statistical Process Control) and statistical tools (Minitab, JPM, etc.)
- Deep understanding of problem-solving tools, including design of experiments, root cause analysis, and statistical analytical tools. Project management is a plus.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of quality organization, team dynamics, and conflict management.
- Proven experience and ability to manage multiple high-volume manufacturing projects with competing priorities.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is preferred.
- Experience with ISO 9001 is preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.