The Senior Manager of Payroll will manage the payroll processing of domestic and international employees in a face-paced high-growth organization. This role will drive efficiency and process improvement, perform audits and reconciliations of payroll data, audit and approve bi-weekly and monthly payrolls, including international payroll providers. The Senior Manager will be the primary escalation point for payroll related inquiries will respond to frequent and urgent requests for information relating to payroll, tax processing and payroll policy matters and requires exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, and excellent customer service support skills.
- Manage the day-to-day payroll operations ensuring accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly and monthly payrolls in a high growth, fast paced organization
- Review and approve bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for accuracy
- Identify areas improvements and efficiencies by partnering closely with the Shared Services, People Systems, Legal and other internal stakeholders to establish best practices for global payroll
- Ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures
- Partner with Accounting team to ensure accurate general ledger reporting and reconciliations
- Drive process standardization, automation, and continuous process improvement to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Act as point of escalation and work to identify, track, document, and resolve errors, issues and risks proactively with timely further escalation of unresolved items to senior management
- Ensures payroll processes are administered in compliance with SOX requirements, internal company policies as well as applicable country, federal and state regulations or legislation, including applicable wage and hour regulations
- Perform analysis, generate reports and assist the People and Finance team with special projects that will streamline processes and improve procedures
- Project lead for payroll related projects, including continuous development of processes that are scalable and support the company’s growth
- Additional responsibilities include project management of global payroll service implementations, coordination with teams to integrate payroll systems with other upstream and downstream systems, and leading or participating in other global initiatives
- 10+ years of payroll experience. Global experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Extensive understanding of stock and equity disbursement and related tax implications
- Flexible; able to perform and deliver excellent results under high pressure
- Extensive knowledge in Payroll & Accounting procedures and Payroll Tax Laws & Regulations
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to operate independently and have the strong desire to work as a member of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, detail and results orientation are required
- Experience implementing payroll
- Ability to collaborating in a cross-functional global environment
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.