Peloton inspires and motivates millions of people everyday. A key part of delivering on that mission is not only an amazing experience that our instructors and platforms provide, but also the data, telemetry, and insights that empower our customers to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Earning and maintaining our customers’ trust and safeguarding their data is key to everything we do.
The Principal Product Security Architect is a highly technical role responsible for the secure design and implementation of key technologies, services, and infrastructure. They use multiple security methodologies and approaches to enable engineering teams across Peloton to build and deploy technologies and products that are secure by default. The candidate will drive secure engineering efforts across Peloton and serve as the Sr.Information Security engineering representative responsible for driving proactive security engineering activities.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Information Security, the candidate will work with multiple and diverse teams across Peloton including, but not limited to Product, Platform, and Ecommerce Engineering, Legal, Enterprise IT Operations and Security Response. They will coordinate the actions of each and ensure collectively we are working as “one peloton” to protect our customers and the company.
The Principal Security Architect will work with external technology providers and security vendors. They will evaluate and assess the applicability of various solutions to determine their capability to mitigate potential security risks. They will work closely with partner teams to integrate solutions that are determined necessary.
The role plays a critical function in constantly evolving Peloton’s security development lifecycle. It owns the development of security engineering requirements and secure design and architecture review consultation. In coordination with Security Response Engineering, the Principal Platform Security Architect drives the root cause analysis to ensure critical security risks and design flaws discovered post release never manifest in future iterations of Peloton’s products and services.
The ideal candidate is a proven engineering leader that has both exemplary engineering and communication skills. They have extensive experience collaborating with internal engineering partners and briefing Executive Leadership.They are a proven security technology and methodology expert that scales through enabling other engineering partners to make the right security design decisions and trade-offs.
- Engage in Peloton’s Software Development Lifecycle to collaboratively ensure new products, platforms, and technologies meet or exceed security engineering requirements.
- Create formal threat models to enumerate and mitigate potential security risks in proposed architecture and designs.
- Partner with Information Security GRC counterparts to author security requirements and standards.
- Brief executive leaders on potential emergent threats and ongoing efforts to proactively address potential cyber security risks.
- Work with platform and security engineering leadership to interactively improve Peloton’s Security Development Lifecycle investments.
- Enhance and mature Peloton’s security engineering training curriculum in partnership with Security Awareness and Training owners.
- Elevate the interest and desire across Peloton’s engineering community to implement secure engineering solutions.
- Act as domain specialist across Peloton’s security solutions and technology stack.
- Identify strategic investments and initiatives that lower the transactional cost of designing and implementing secure platform solutions and reduce the likelihood of potential cyber security attacks.
- Influence the security strategy by improving the collective strength of the security team and articulating the capabilities needed to optimally manage cyber-attack risk.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in working with engineering teams on design and implementation of security best practices in architecture and code.
- 10+ years of experience working with product security teams to drive engineering remediations to externally identified threats and vulnerabilities.
- 7+ years of experience with creating threat models and working with teams to identify and remediate potential security gaps related to authentication, authorization, network segmentation, encryption, container configuration, bastion host setup, etc.
- Extensive experience and strong understanding of AWS services and cloud security controls including but not limited to such as IAM, KMS, VPC, Security Groups, AWS Inspector, Guard Duty and SCPs.
- Knowledge and Hands on Skills with Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, and Container Security.
- Extensive understanding MITRE ATT&CK, NIST CSF, CVSS and CWE criteria, enumeration and scoring.
- Broad security-related domain knowledge with authentication and authorization, identity and access management, data protection, OAuth/Open ID connect, Web security.
- Extensive experience with embedded software development and architectures, security protocols, applied cryptography and security standards
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP protocol stack and major protocols.
- Excellent relationship building skills across diverse cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills.
- Good cryptography knowledge and implementation expertise with hands on experience in PKI - SSL, TLS certificate management.
- Exceptional bias for action and ownership.
- Humble, hardworking, forward-thinking and embodies a “hands on” leadership mindset.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.