Peloton is searching for a Director, Plant Controller to lead and develop the accounting and finance operations of the Peloton Output Park, a recently announced greenfield project in Northwest Ohio. The Director, Plant Controller is a key role reporting to the VP, Assistant Controller, that is responsible for managing the month-end close process, including inventory costing and fixed asset accounting, reconciliations, reporting, variance analysis, internal controls, audit support, working with the technical accounting team to develop department accounting policies, and other ad-hoc projects
- Participate as a key business partner to the plant management team, contributing to plant strategy development and execution of annual plans that drive YoY improvements.
- Direct and manage all financial and accounting functions for the plant. Lead annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and the management accounting/reporting process. Review and advise the management team on all financial/budgetary requirements and develop financial goals in partnership with plant and corporate leadership. Ensure that plant goals and initiatives are developed in line with company values, strategic goals, and business plans.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly closing process, including providing reporting to the connected fitness and fixed asset corporate accounting functions and FP&A. Prepare journal entries and reconciliations of judgmental and/or complex balance sheet and income statements accounts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the standard costs starting with the bill of materials and item costs, labor routings, labor rates, as well as overhead assignments.
- Report variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors and managers can understand and take corrective action.
- Ensure inventory is property reconciled, managed and reported, including physical and cycle counting programs.
- Interface with the corporate information systems and finance transformation teams on requirements and testing of the MES and SAP solutions.
- Manage team members and work cross functionally with those in other areas, to drive process improvements that result in more effective and efficient monthly and quarterly close processes.
- Implement a system for tracking fixed asset locations and ensure accuracy of the fixed assets ledger. Perform fixed asset inventories.
- Responsible for leading the efforts to finalize the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting requirements, including, but not limited
to, journal entries, reconciliations, analysis of activities and reporting.
- Assist and provide cross functional support, guidance and escalation management of activities from our internal business partners.
- Establish, document, and deploy control procedures over accounting and financial activities. Provide guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensure an adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintain SOX compliance.
- Take ownership and drive completion of other activities and processes such as external audits and internal audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related experience required, including specific experience in Manufacturing Finance. Strong preference for Corporate accounting.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a people leadership role
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
- Extensive experience using automated accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Understanding of Lean Concepts, 6 Sigma or World Class Manufacturing SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of short/long term budgeting and forecasting and rolling budgets, along with strong financial modeling skills.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of financial concepts, practices, processes and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Must be capable and willing to assume progressively larger responsibilities including leadership of a team on an accelerated basis
Periodic travel to and between the Company’s manufacturing location and headquarters locations will be required.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.