Peloton is reinventing how the world works out and stays fit! Over 5.4 million members enjoy our fabulous fitness content via our digital apps on various platforms, connected fitness devices the Peloton Bike and Tread. The Content Cloud engineering team is in a growth mode, where we are aiming to build out a top-notch platform for our studios to produce content, and Peloton devices ecosystem to consume our content.
We are looking for a passionate Engineering Manager who is enthusiastic about and has experience in leading a team of engineers building scalable, secure APIs that serve Peloton’s content to digital apps and Peloton’s connected fitness devices. You will be interfacing with all the teams building apps and devices that consume Peloton’s content
As for the team, you will be working in a high velocity software engineering environment within the Content Cloud Engineering org. You will be responsible for growing and mentoring the team, leading large scale projects, working with cross functional teams to define and deliver on an exciting roadmap in Peloton’s mission.
Power the Peloton Experience
As a member of Peloton’s Cloud Services org. You will be building out technology solutions that enable a world class user experience across the Peloton platform for a global audience. We enable our members to take live and on-demand classes across any number of fitness disciples, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more. You will be leading and building out a team of talented engineers in ensuring our members get the best possible experience.We are building a product that changes people’s lives!
Design and Development
- Assume technical leadership for APIs that integrate internally with our digital products (web, iOS, Android Mobile, TV’s and more) and connected fitness devices (bike, tread), lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, secure and performant systems.
- Contribute to the design of software architecture and development of new features and functionalities in the stack.
- Support-what-you-build, including monitoring, performance tuning, and responding to incidents.
- Staff and lead a team of engineers responsible for our Content Delivery Cloud roadmap
- Lead, coach, and mentor developers.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use and engineering efficiency.
- Own and be responsible for entire content delivery stack, its engineering team, projects and their lifecycle
Drive Large-Scale Projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to define and deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives.
- Collaborate closely with internal engineering and studio partners to understand requirements for content consumption and lead fast paced projects and stay on top of client (bike, tread, apps etc.) requirements.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects into milestones and identifying risks and dependencies.
- 8+ years of software development experience, with experience building complex backend systems
- 3+ years of leadership experience in team leadership and technology management
- Passion for building a scalable backend architecture that supports a rapid growing user base
- Well proven understanding of system design, API design and database design
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams and within teams in order to drive alignment and increase effectiveness on delivery
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with transitioning from a monolith to a micro SOA
- Experience with Python and Kotlin development
- Roll up your sleeves and take on development work, when necessary
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in either our New York City HQ office once safe to re-open our offices.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.