Peloton is looking for an assistant lighting director to join our growing Production team. Peloton’s Production Department, comprised of our Production Design, Studio Operations, and Technology/Engineering teams, works 365 days a year to deliver a broad offering of highly engaging subscription content to our members. We are a highly collaborative, fast-moving department that focuses on evolving our innovative programming. This role will align with all fitness disciplines at Peloton Studios New York and oversee the end-to-end lighting operations supporting daily classes and special events. This role will be responsible for helping teams work together effectively to ensure high standards are met while providing front-line support to Peloton’s world-class productions.
- Provide execution of daily live class content and offline shoots as needed.
- Collaborate closely with production design and operations teams to ensure successful execution of lighting design for marquee programming and other specialty projects
- Maintain integrity of studio lighting designs and equipment through focus checks and proactive maintenance
- Work with Global Lighting Designer to create an ongoing schedule of repair and maintenance of lighting equipment.
- Maintain organized and efficient storage of lighting equipment
- Ensure adherence to global brand standards for studio lighting
- Setup, program, adjust and strike lighting, sets as needed
- Draft and maintain lighting plots for various studio projects
- Generate and maintain Lightwright and other ancillary lighting documentation
- Assist in the development of technical framework and labor requirements needed to successfully realize projects
- Aid in Peloton’s creative entertainment research & implementation for services & technology
- Ensures a safe, consistent and innovative operation of lighting and associated equipment
- Participate in alignment with cross functional production teams
- Collaborate with Global Lighting Designer to Identify and develop new strategies to improve or maintain cutting edge technology for the studio and departmental lighting organization, lighting equipment, maintenance of lighting equipment, electrical equipment and lighting control systems.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure with competing priorities and give clear direction
- Works closely with Producer teams and Operations leadership on technical production planning, rehearsing, problem solving, troubleshooting, and following issues through resolution
- Communicates clearly, proactively, and displays excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- 5+ years of diverse professional history and training in lighting design with a deep understanding of entertainment electrics/control systems. Experience in all disciplines of lighting design and entertainment electrics is welcome (theater, tv/broadcast, events, other)
- Must be passionate about innovative technology and how it supports lighting design
- True cross-functional collaborator, open to feedback and able to provide quick solutions to business problems
- Experience managing a project from start to finish and ability to hit all deadlines.
- Must be very organized with sharp attention to detail.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a fast pace 24/7 environment including early mornings, nights and weekends. Schedule will shift based on production’s weekly priorities.
- Proficiency in Vectorworks (2D required; 3D preferred)
- Proficiency in Lightwright
- Advanced knowledge of ETC lighting consoles and X-key systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.